Applecross Inn

Not sure really why the Applecross Inn is being singled out? Many pubs don't allow overnight parking, but don't get slated to this extent for it.

I've stayed there many times (with permission), but if they ever turn me down, I will find a spot nearby or go on the site.

To answer the other question, yes they were awarded a Michelin star, Rob the chef trained with Marco Pierre White and he is very talented, the Inn was has won many awards, including best in UK. It has no airs and graces, it is what it is and I love the place. I've always been looked after extremely well whenever I have visited.

Long may they prosper!

Hi Rob,

The clue is in the title of the thread - Applecross Inn.

My original post from a couple of months ago described my experience, others have had a different experience. I posted because the Inn was in the pub stops and I thought it was appropriate to advise other members that M/Hs were no longer allowed to park overnight. I've stopped at other pubs, I've been refused at other pubs and when possible I've reported the details. I found the landlord and landlady at Applecross to be the most miserable, brusque folk I came across anywhere during our trip in Scotland. Don't know about others but that's why I'm slating them.

Pat

Applecross

About half a mile around the bay from Applecross Inn wild camping is allowed on the beach. I have parked overnight on the beach 3 times in the past 4 years. The beach is located on the road to the community Ferry opposite the last house. There is normally 4 or 5 small caravans on the beach. Beach is covered in sheep droppings. Water is available from an outside tap at the community centre(100 yards from Applecross Inn) and toilet and shower facility available at centre.

Hi Rob,

The clue is in the title of the thread - Applecross Inn.

My original post from a couple of months ago described my experience, others have had a different experience. I posted because the Inn was in the pub stops and I thought it was appropriate to advise other members that M/Hs were no longer allowed to park overnight. I've stopped at other pubs, I've been refused at other pubs and when possible I've reported the details. I found the landlord and landlady at Applecross to be the most miserable, brusque folk I came across anywhere during our trip in Scotland. Don't know about others but that's why I'm slating them.

Pat

Yes, I'm just surprised that it's caused so much reaction. Perhaps you caught them on a bad day. I didn't know it was in the POI's because Judith has always let me park there, but has also said it is not generally allowed.

Judith, the landlady is a lovely woman, there is no landlord, so it must have been one of the bar staff.

I don't think you would have any problem parking there outside the busy season.

We were told it will be doing fish and chips and other things during the season. We were a little surprised when they told us they were getting a airsteam, as usually something like that is only really required when you need to stand out amongst other catering units. Something they certainly don't have to contend with. Converted airstreams are very costly but look great unlike other food units. If they can afford it though why not as I am sure it will rapidly pay for itself.

We were told it will be doing fish and chips and other things during the season. We were a little surprised when they told us they were getting a airsteam, as usually something like that is only really required when you need to stand out amongst other catering units. Something they certainly don't have to contend with. Converted airstreams are very costly but look great unlike other food units. If they can afford it though why not as I am sure it will rapidly pay for itself.

I think it will also take pressure off of the Inn to have an outside catering facility.

As you know, seating in the Inn for dining is fairly limited.

I think it will also take pressure off of the Inn to have an outside catering facility.

As you know, seating in the Inn for dining is fairly limited.

I'm sure the airstream was up and running last September ?
As you say the landlady (Yorkshire(?) wummin) is great . Very direct , no airs and graces .
I thought she was great

As you say the landlady (Yorkshire(?) wummin) is great . Very direct , no airs and graces .
I thought she was great

Yes it was there last year.

She has quite a dry sense of humour, which maybe could be taken the wrong way. Her sister also runs the cafe in Lochcarron.

I thought she was great

I must have misheard then it must have been we have been we have a airstream. It was new years eve after all.:cheers::cheers::cheers: Yes she recognised our accents straight away and they were from very local to us.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back