Anyone ?

stonedaddy

I have broke a hinge on my hab door. Last night I thought I would just order one off the internet. I am all Googled out and could not source one anywhere. I even had to join Motorhome fun so I could look at a photo of someones who had the same problem but alas that was put up in 2009 and the link just brings southerns up and they don't seem to have one. I phoned them and they said they would phone back but I am still waiting. The part is aluminum, it is a four hinge jobby and operates the hab door and flyscreen door. It is off a Rimor 678 superbrig 2006 model. If anyone as got an old one or can put me onto where I can get one to fit my lump of junk I will be very grateful.
.... Tom ....

P9110031.jpgP9110032.jpgP9110033.jpg

if it's only that one leaf broken a local welder will fix it for a tenner

I would ask the campervan builder, where did they source them from ?

On a static caravan I purchased the replacements from the builder, Atlas caravans, also they were the most reasonably priced.

:dog::dog::dog:

I have broke a hinge on my hab door. Last night I thought I would just order one off the internet. I am all Googled out and could not source one anywhere. I even had to join Motorhome fun so I could look at a photo of someones who had the same problem but alas that was put up in 2009 and the link just brings southerns up and they don't seem to have one. I phoned them and they said they would phone back but I am still waiting. The part is aluminum, it is a four hinge jobby and operates the hab door and flyscreen door. It is off a Rimor 678 superbrig 2006 model. If anyone as got an old one or can put me onto where I can get one to fit my lump of junk I will be very grateful.
.... Tom ....

View attachment 57682View attachment 57683View attachment 57684

Forgot to say, that my originals seized on the centre pin and split the aluminium.

However I thought I was clever using grease on the new replacements, BUT they were too smooth and you had to hold the door tight on a windy day.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

my old Compass Avanteguard used a very similar hinge - possibly identical - a well know parts supplier had them for sale at a very reasonable price but wouldnt sell me one as his courier didnt deliver to NI, I suggested that as the part was neither large or heavy that he could stick it in a padded envelope and post it via royal mail - he told me that he couldnt be bothered taking it to a post box!

Unfortunately this is a common occurance if you live in NI - they either wont send it or will send it and charge you a huge amount even though the postage is no more than it would be to send it to Wales

Mr O'Leary,at Beverly might help..
Isn't there a nearby caravan breaker nearby.
Get yer Google finger out again.
I'd offer more, but the ferry's just pulling out of Portsmou....

my old Compass Avanteguard used a very similar hinge - possibly identical - a well know parts supplier had them for sale at a very reasonable price but wouldnt sell me one as his courier didnt deliver to NI, I suggested that as the part was neither large or heavy that he could stick it in a padded envelope and post it via royal mail - he told me that he couldnt be bothered taking it to a post box!

Unfortunately this is a common occurance if you live in NI - they either wont send it or will send it and charge you a huge amount even though the postage is no more than it would be to send it to Wales

If that problem crops up again, have it sent to me & I will forward it on to you.

When you said "southerns", did you mean SOUTHDOWNS at Portsmouth? If not, give them a go. Always found them helpful for Rimor bits.

Try a local aluminium door/window fabricator,they look very similar to hinges I used when I was in that trade.

Maybe?

if it's only that one leaf broken a local welder will fix it for a tenner

I don't think it would take a weld Nige. It is very week and even if it don't collapse the barrel I imagine it will badly distort it. There is no metal stuck off the barrel to weld to, it is more or less direct onto the barrel side wall. Don't forget its only an Alloy.
.... Tom ....

P9120034.jpgP9120037.jpg

Do you remember who that supplier was by any chance. My van was built in Italy and the problems I've had sorting the Arsicicii Italian electrics out would take a book the size of the bible to go through. So I imagine if I tried to order an hinge I would have to buy the door to go with it.
.... Tom ....

Yes Southerns.

When you said "southerns", did you mean SOUTHDOWNS at Portsmouth? If not, give them a go. Always found them helpful for Rimor bits.

I have dealt with them before and got other parts. I looked through all there hinges and that one was missing. I then phoned them and they said they was busy and would phone me back, but they never did. Blimey sorry done it again in the title, I did mean SOUTHDOWNS.
.... Tom ....

Last edited:
Thats the one Rob well sourced. £43.63 with P&P on top that sure is a bit of a downer. Thats about 15 pints of Doom Bar. It might be the only option though.
.... Tom ....

Check the measurements if you go for it Tom.

I've seen 185mm and a 250mm versions.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back