Anyone out in Storm Debi?

How can you have a power cut in a van??

I meant loss of power to the hookup. Not a major concern but our gas fire is the only other form of heating and its prone to be a bit iffy lighting if its blowing a gale although on the few occasions we have used it, its been ok on this trip. Anyway, it didnt happen. Apart from one blip when there was a clap of thunder above us the electric stayed on throughout.

And we know whose fault all these warnings are....

I remember that day extremely well, it was also my birthday.
The first thing I noticed when I got up at 4.00am to go to the market was a dustbin sailing past the bedroom window.
I left early to set up my stall at Bermondsey Market, I had to make a detour as most of the trees were down at the end of the road..
Driving along the Woodford High Road I heard this loud noise, looking in the mirror an enormous chestnut tree had crashed into the road right behind me.
When I got to the market they hadn’t put the stalls out in case they took off.
I then went to my workshop which luckily still had power, someone said because it was on the same grid as the London Hospital.
If I was one second later making that journey, I wouldn’t be here to tell the tale!!

I was at South Gare Redcar when storm Debi blew in at about 8am,got worse as the day wore on till about 8pm ,she blew herself out about 2. 30 am Tuesday leaving quite a nice morning.
20231113_114841.jpg

I remember that day extremely well, it was also my birthday.
The first thing I noticed when I got up at 4.00am to go to the market was a dustbin sailing past the bedroom window.
I left early to set up my stall at Bermondsey Market, I had to make a detour as most of the trees were down at the end of the road..
Driving along the Woodford High Road I heard this loud noise, looking in the mirror an enormous chestnut tree had crashed into the road right behind me.
When I got to the market they hadn’t put the stalls out in case they took off.
I then went to my workshop which luckily still had power, someone said because it was on the same grid as the London Hospital.
If I was one second later making that journey, I wouldn’t be here to tell the tale!!

I was in London with no way of getting home to Leicestershire. I was in the process of transferring with my job down to London.

Found a good Indian restaurant and a pub then went back to work and spent the night there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back