Anyone out in Storm Debi?

I know storms are named but the last two have just been weather, nothing special. Everything needs labels these days, I have one for it, starts with B and ends in T 👍

I know storms are named but the last two have just been weather, nothing special. Everything needs labels these days, I have one for it, starts with B and ends in T 👍
If you are talking about Babet, and Ciaran, then maybe you should look at the devastation they caused in some areas.

The winds seem to have got stronger again here, raining again as well. :(

The storm has hit Galway parts of dublin & Donegal, strange its a qt as a mouse here.

I wonder if it is going to be a stormy 12 months? We are not even half way into November and have already got to Storm "D". This date two years ago we were still 2 weeks away from Storm "A" (Arwen).

Ireland south got it bad.
storm a.jpg
storm damage meath.jpg
storm ireland.jpg
storm power outage.jpg

In the vans I mean.

Currently sandwiched between two mountains on the foothills of Helvellyn in the Lake District in the Thirlmere Valley

Its not been as bad as I feared so far. I think with the wind coming from the west the mountain opposite is is perhaps sheltering us a bit. We had one clap of thunder earlier this morning and the power went off for a few seconds and occasionally if the wind backs from the south its horrendous. There was one gust half an hour ago that was pretty alarming. Whole van felt like it was going to take off then it just went.

Worse is yet to come around 1pm I think. My biggest worry is a power cut. Im not convinced the gas fire will light.
It's tame, I've just been oot in ma shorts flying a kite drinking tea.

Reminds me of a mate of mine years ago Del. His girlfriends always seemed to have blokes names, there was a Charlie, a Sam and a Toni.

So when he introduced his latest I said "Who's this one then - Bert?" she's still called Bert by everybody to this day. :giggle:
That took me back to the first time I took my 1st wife to my local, I introduced her as Ethel, and it stuck, I got the worst look from her but she was nervous so it broke the ice for her.

That took me back to the first time I took my 1st wife to my local, I introduced her as Ethel, and it stuck, I got the worst look from her but she was nervous so it broke the ice for her.
She was standing by the bar when she heard what you said.

You said "Don't listen Ethel!", but it was too late. She'd already been in-censed :)

Now't wrong with the name Trev.

The only old name which gives me the titters is Lettuce.

If you are talking about Babet, and Ciaran, then maybe you should look at the devastation they caused in some areas.
So, giving them names somehow decreases any damage then? I don’t recall any names for storms in the U.K. when I was younger, it’s another Americanism we have adopted.

There is a weather warning for where I am at the moment, when you go into it it says heavy rain and maybe thunder and lightening. It’s the time of year for this weather, it’s isn’t anything special the way the media make out, it happens.

In the vans I mean.

Currently sandwiched between two mountains on the foothills of Helvellyn in the Lake District in the Thirlmere Valley

Its not been as bad as I feared so far. I think with the wind coming from the west the mountain opposite is is perhaps sheltering us a bit. We had one clap of thunder earlier this morning and the power went off for a few seconds and occasionally if the wind backs from the south its horrendous. There was one gust half an hour ago that was pretty alarming. Whole van felt like it was going to take off then it just went.

Worse is yet to come around 1pm I think. My biggest worry is a power cut. Im not convinced the gas fire will light.

How can you have a power cut in a van??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back