anyone going someplace nice

terry1956

Hi all, with the good weather coming, is anyone planning to go any place nice,
Me well planning to revisit some great italian sites, we had a great time last year. just thinking about it makes me want ice cream and pizza,s and just walking around the food markets,
come on what have you in mind this year.
terry

Hi terry, I just joined this forum, The wife and I are just sorting out our new RV and by the looks of it we will be off round euroland for a year from the northern lights to pompay might even find a nice beach in greece for a month or 2 will see where we end up ? Adrian

In answer

Hi did Pompeii two years back, just a great place to see, there is a camp site just across the road for motorhomes and we picked oranges off the trees for breakfast. Thinking of greece also. Did try to see the northern lights in Norway, but god its a hell of a boring drive upto the circle, we did not get more then halfway before turning off for sweden, But wish you well on your travels and hope you enjoy them as much as we do. terry

Go north again

Hi did Pompeii two years back, just a great place to see, there is a camp site just across the road for motorhomes and we picked oranges off the trees for breakfast. Thinking of greece also. Did try to see the northern lights in Norway, but god its a hell of a boring drive upto the circle, we did not get more then halfway before turning off for sweden, But wish you well on your travels and hope you enjoy them as much as we do. terry
Hi Terry
We're off again to the north this summer. Planning for the island of Gotland in the Baltic. We did the Swedish Baltic coast before. More sun overthere than in the south of France ! Sorry to hear you didn't get to the northern lights;that's only in winter; but in summer the midnightsun :) And yes it's a boring way, but you don't have to do all the way up: the Lofoten is far enough and that's a marvel !
(I don't like oranges so...:D)

holland in april

going to kukenhoff to see the tulips in flower there are acres of gardens just an amazing mass of colour

Hi Terry off to south of France in July for 2 weeks and hope to catch a couple of days seeing tour-de-France on the way back up:D

All the best in your journeys.

Going places in Spring and Summer

Just back from Oz, waiting patiently for end of April. Heading for the Pryennes over France and Spain, hit the beaches there and Portugal. Back track into Spain and head out towards Germany via the old east block (formerly East Germany) towards Hamburg. Pick up daughter and grandson and head back to Cornwall. They will spend a few weeks on our beaches here, then take them back to Hamburg. By that time summer will be coming to a close and will prepare for our already planned trip to Goa, India, (Hot) Kathmandu, Nepal (Cold) for the winter in Dezember.

sorry

Couldn't resist this, we're in the Algarve and its lovely and warm, crickets screetching among the eucalyptus and palm trees, oranges,lemons all on the trees, blimey how I'm missing the UK (not)!!

Couldn't resist this, we're in the Algarve and its lovely and warm, crickets screetching among the eucalyptus and palm trees, oranges,lemons all on the trees, blimey how I'm missing the UK (not)!!

Hee Hee very funny:D Hope you are well and safe also.

How are you posting from there?? mob phone etc

in answer

Well, some great places, all sounds just idea, but lets not knock old england just yet, I am off for a pint of good real ale and a talk in front of a real log fire, can,t beat it on a winters night, and even better these days as the only smoker is the fire.
come on the rest of you, where are you planning to go.
terry

Wales

Well, some great places, all sounds just idea, but lets not knock old england just yet, I am off for a pint of good real ale and a talk in front of a real log fire, can,t beat it on a winters night, and even better these days as the only smoker is the fire.
terry

Going to Wales for this coming weekend!:D
Not as exotic as you lot, but some of us have to earn a crust:eek::(

terry

Well said Terry, lets not knock olde England just yet, I share your sentiments

And your so welcome Nick, but keep your hands off Berwick upon Tweed :eek:,if you know what I mean:D
I was actualy considering that area this year,
I usualy head for solway, cumbria, & the lakes.
but northumberland seem to have a lot to offer too,
some good posts on this site about that area
so I may just be droping in for a cuppa
you have been warned :eek:

I was actualy considering that area this year,
I usualy head for solway, cumbria, & the lakes.
but northumberland seem to have a lot to offer too,
some good posts on this site about that area
so I may just be droping in for a cuppa
you have been warned :eek:

And you'd be most welcome,I'm sure me,Trevor,tony,and co would make a right fuss of you and your clan, but don't forget to bring your wallet:eek::D:D

thanks lenny, im sure i'll be down that way before long
and i'll bring my wallet.
now where did I put the key for that padlock? :D :D

I did enjoy

Well I did enjoy my pint last night or was it two or more, and the log fire was banked up just right. It is a pity that so many people knock England, yes their is so much wrong here, the powers that be are a total waste of time and there are far too many silly think tanks and pressure groups and all this human rights and PC rubbish. I don,t understand why the rest of europe is so nice yet here we are being lead around like fools told what to think and what to say. The police our a joke and always state that they our under pressure due to lack of manpower, yet only last sunday I was enjoying the sunny day in a small village here in devon and what did i see but a policeman busy writing parking tickets for those that had over parked in the parking zones, i had a few words with him, is that what people want, is that what we our paying our taxes for, the cars our not doing any harm, know ones moaning they can,t park, but here he was, I was told that he is out there each sunday doing the same thing, yet their is not a local policeman and they never come out if needed, So why is this country so bad, When I was in the forces we had to go out and buy our gear or swap our combats for shirts that we could wear, boots that fitted etc, I started out looking like a tommy from WW2, I was sure I had my dads old boots, and ended up looking like something out of yanks. Its always been that way, cut backs and on the cheap, yes all wrong but now people our dieing due to this, why well like the policeman, the poor services we get the higher taxes, that feeling of sinking we all share here is due to money, its what the powers that be think off money, I am lucky I own a house in france and have done for 7 years, I can afford to because the costs our low, I save money even due to the fact that my car and the hymer our french, lower insurance and no road tax and a 2 year fixed mot, just that pays for the cost of the house taxes, I love france, not so much the people, but their country, the ease of the place, free parking, I can take my boat out and theres no jobs worth wanting £30 like here in devon, this leads to a free happy feeling of myself and the people around me. Yet I always return for that pint and that log fire and the sunday papers. Maybe its because I know that I can leave the UK that allows me to enjoy it more, I just know that I am always glad to be back, yet always glad to get out.
Anyway sorry for going on. tell me what other nice places our you all going to. G please don,t answer we don,t wish to no aboat wales, :):):rolleyes:
terry

Well I did enjoy my pint last night or was it two or more, and the log fire was banked up just right. It is a pity that so many people knock England, yes their is so much wrong here, the powers that be are a total waste of time and there are far too many silly think tanks and pressure groups and all this human rights and PC rubbish. I don,t understand why the rest of europe is so nice yet here we are being lead around like fools told what to think and what to say. The police our a joke and always state that they our under pressure due to lack of manpower, yet only last sunday I was enjoying the sunny day in a small village here in devon and what did i see but a policeman busy writing parking tickets for those that had over parked in the parking zones, i had a few words with him, is that what people want, is that what we our paying our taxes for, the cars our not doing any harm, know ones moaning they can,t park, but here he was, I was told that he is out there each sunday doing the same thing, yet their is not a local policeman and they never come out if needed, So why is this country so bad, When I was in the forces we had to go out and buy our gear or swap our combats for shirts that we could wear, boots that fitted etc, I started out looking like a tommy from WW2, I was sure I had my dads old boots, and ended up looking like something out of yanks. Its always been that way, cut backs and on the cheap, yes all wrong but now people our dieing due to this, why well like the policeman, the poor services we get the higher taxes, that feeling of sinking we all share here is due to money, its what the powers that be think off money, I am lucky I own a house in france and have done for 7 years, I can afford to because the costs our low, I save money even due to the fact that my car and the hymer our french, lower insurance and no road tax and a 2 year fixed mot, just that pays for the cost of the house taxes, I love france, not so much the people, but their country, the ease of the place, free parking, I can take my boat out and theres no jobs worth wanting £30 like here in devon, this leads to a free happy feeling of myself and the people around me. Yet I always return for that pint and that log fire and the sunday papers. Maybe its because I know that I can leave the UK that allows me to enjoy it more, I just know that I am always glad to be back, yet always glad to get out.
Anyway sorry for going on. tell me what other nice places our you all going to. G please don,t answer we don,t wish to no aboat wales, :):):rolleyes:
terry
got quite a bit off your chest their, the police like easy targets and parking fines and speeding tickets bring revenue in catching thieves doesn't it costs money so us that will be policed will have the full force of the law, those that won't will be allowed to pretty much do as they please at least thats the way this country looks to us and most likely to those that willl come and abuse it. yes there are those that come here and do there bit and they should be welcomed with open arms, but those that don't should be sent straight back! btw glad you enjoyed your pint in a good old english pub

Where ever

Well Terry, I won't talk about Wales as you seem to not like it;):eek::D
I go there because it is so near for weekend, however I did live down your way for 18 years (Plymouth) so I know the area quite well, just wish we had never left there!:eek:
We are coming to France for a couple of weeks and will probably end up on or near to the river Lot, our favorite part, but we also like the Vienne and the Tarn areas. We might go to the Midi Canal, don't know yet:confused:
We have booked up dare I say it on a Caravan Club site in Edinburgh for the new year and it is fully booked even at this early time:eek:
Between now and France, probably Wales and Derbyshire, who knows as that is the advantage of a M/H.
Thinking of going part time working, just have to wait and see:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back