Anyone fancy a Lada?

Our first tow car for our sprite musketeer caravan was a big Lada estate. Great piece of kit, 4 wheels and a radio and easy to work at, when we upgraded the car was passed around other members of the family and had at least two other leases of life before it was scrapped.
We also had a Lada Samara which was italian designed and styled (I think) another good cheap reliable car and to this day, still my wife’s favourite. Only issue was that back pads would stick to discs on wet overnights and often needed a thump with a hammer to free them up. When I sold it on, the buyer told me it was being shipped back to Russia. It was said that even when we had scrapped them here, they had a second life back in the motherland.

Davy

Our first tow car for our sprite musketeer caravan was a big Lada estate. Great piece of kit, 4 wheels and a radio and easy to work at, when we upgraded the car was passed around other members of the family and had at least two other leases of life before it was scrapped.
We also had a Lada Samara which was italian designed and styled (I think) another good cheap reliable car and to this day, still my wife’s favourite. Only issue was that back pads would stick to discs on wet overnights and often needed a thump with a hammer to free them up. When I sold it on, the buyer told me it was being shipped back to Russia. It was said that even when we had scrapped them here, they had a second life back in the motherland.

Davy

Yes I had an estate and a Riva saloon and yes the last one went back to Russia.

Nissan Micras are exported to Ghana to be used as taxis :) they cut roofs off and are exported as spare parts, roof welded back on in Ghana :cool:

Anybody remember the Wartburg?

There are some ridiculous prices for them online now. No, I'm not tempted!

Yes, headroom is low at 5' 1"inside Ruth, although the bed is quite generous at 6' 4".

It wouldn't bother me too much as long as I can sleep comfortably, but for a lengthy trip it might become a pain.
Your not ment to be sleeping when driving, unless its an automatic. 🤔 😂😂😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back