Anyone been through the tunnel recently?

GMJ

I had an email from them yesterday suggesting that I could upload my French sworn declaration and also my pre departure antigen test results to their website so it would speed up transit through the border controls.

Has anyone done this in the last couple of weeks? If so did it work i.e. did you not have to produce physical documents as well?

ta

Came over a week ago simple to upload bring printed copies of vax status for peace of mind id say
C19 testing I could recommend results were back in 4 hours on a sunday
It was much easier than anticipated
If all uploaded no one at tunnel needs to see anything
French border asked for vax status it was easier to hand them paper copy

Last edited:
Came over a week ago simple to upload bring printed copies of vax status for peace of mind id say
C19 testing I could recommend results were back in 4 hours on a sunday
It was much easier than anticipated
If all uploaded no one at tunnel needs to see anything
French border asked for vax status it was easier to hand them paper copy

That is good info - ta.
thumbup2.gif

I have printed copies of everything just in case. What did you write on the French Sworn Document regarding your final destination? Did you just put where you were staying that night?

Going on the train? Your experience's would be helpful.
I'll be using it on Tuesday 1st Feb.
We're on 26th ... like to be a few clicks ahead of you! Heading to antibes to see Js daughter en route.

Tunnel is easy peasy. Just follow signs for France 😆. If early you'll be directed to the terminal building to watch the boards for your letter to be called. In your size van, driving on is a doddle. Then go for a nanny nap for 35 mins. Straight off onto free motorways.

Shame your not a few days earlier ... could have met in France.

So you heading back to Spain? We're thinking about Turkey early summer.
Kx

We're on 26th ... like to be a few clicks ahead of you! Heading to antibes to see Js daughter en route.

Tunnel is easy peasy. Just follow signs for France 😆. If early you'll be directed to the terminal building to watch the boards for your letter to be called. In your size van, driving on is a doddle. Then go for a nanny nap for 35 mins. Straight off onto free motorways.

Shame your not a few days earlier ... could have met in France.

So you heading back to Spain? We're thinking about Turkey early summer.
Kx
My question wasn’t, How to find the train.😬 I’ll drive until I reach a platform or drive into the sea. Got to be able to do one or the other. It was more, a question of your experience of travelling on the train in these times of Covid. I’ll have a test on the Monday evening before I travel to France. I’ll have a statement of Honour. Empty fridge. Not sure if I have forgotten anything else. I tend to treat you both as my own Thomas Cook. Experience is all.

Yes, back to Spain and Portugal.
Nikki has explained to me, in great detail why I didn’t want to go to Turkey. Who am I to disagree with what I was thinking. Am I a man or a mouse? A better question would be, Do I know what side my bread is buttered on?
For health insurance reasons I’ve had to agree with her (me?). A fellow traveller was taken ill en route to Turkey and made the decision to return to the UK, just in case. Spain and Portugal are a lot easier to get home from,if things go pearshaped.
Enjoy Crete, stay safe, and I’ll see you in a field soon.

Last edited:
Lol. No need to empty fridge ... what I've heard, they don't check. So take your bacon! You seem to have it covered ... except ... download app tousanticovid. Scan 3 UK covid vax qr codes.

All pretty normal, but quiet in some places and few Brits. Only Swiss border has asked reason for crossing ...

Can hear where Nikki is coming from ... Turkey IS A LONG WAY! And it's big. Long drives between sights. I'm sole driver now, and van only insured for me. But Turkey is not covered by van insurance. Local 3rd party only.

Enjoy the Snowbirds route ... x

We are thinking of hitting the road to Southern Europe very soon too. Because as soon as those Russian tanks start rolling the roads are going to be packed with refugees from the fighting up North.

So are we!!!!

We might see you! What time are you crossing?
Got delayed with m26 closure... so on 1.20. Bombed down south so now close to Nice and will see family this weekend.
Stunning drive with hoar frost and snow. All off peage, so grindingly slow with >3 5 ton speed restrictions.

Where you headed?

We got the 10.20 train as we stayed at the C&MC site in Folkestone the night before. The queue at the end of the M20 added 20 mins to our journey so not too bad.

Currently in Bordeaux and heading down to Villajoyosa for the first 2 week longer stay of the trip; then 2 weeks in Benicassim; and another 2 in Peniscola before wending our way back up through the centre of France.

We took the peage from the tunnel to Poitiers as they are 2 long driving days however w took the free N10 from Poitiers to Bordeaux as they run vitally side by side.

Came through Thursday evening. No checks of fridge....although we only had fish, oat milk and allowed stuff in there. Download was simple, we did get held up in tunnel queue by someone who obviously had not prepared.....after ten minutes he was taken from the front of queue and dealt with elsewhere., French liked paper copies . No M20 holdup...we came from Canterbury on b2068 so only joined the M20 for one exit and bypassed queues elsewhere.
As @GMJ we came peage till Poitiers now on N10 to Bordeaux....must be pretty near!

Looking forward to an equally traffic free M20 on Tuesday . Hope for the best, plan for the worse 😉
No real plans for first night out. But will try to get to Rouen ish.

Last edited:
Got delayed with m26 closure... so on 1.20. Bombed down south so now close to Nice and will see family this weekend.
Stunning drive with hoar frost and snow. All off peage, so grindingly slow with >3 5 ton speed restrictions.

Where you headed?
We got the 10.20 train as we stayed at the C&MC site in Folkestone the night before. The queue at the end of the M20 added 20 mins to our journey so not too bad.

Currently in Bordeaux and heading down to Villajoyosa for the first 2 week longer stay of the trip; then 2 weeks in Benicassim; and another 2 in Peniscola before wending our way back up through the centre of France.

We took the peage from the tunnel to Poitiers as they are 2 long driving days however w took the free N10 from Poitiers to Bordeaux as they run vitally side by side.
Came through Thursday evening. No checks of fridge....although we only had fish, oat milk and allowed stuff in there. Download was simple, we did get held up in tunnel queue by someone who obviously had not prepared.....after ten minutes he was taken from the front of queue and dealt with elsewhere., French liked paper copies . No M20 holdup...we came from Canterbury on b2068 so only joined the M20 for one exit and bypassed queues elsewhere.
As @GMJ we came peage till Poitiers now on N10 to Bordeaux....must be pretty near!
We had a fridge and freezer full of illegal contraband :)

Where are you staying tonight Ruth?
Looking forward to an equally traffic free M20 on Monday. Hope for the best, plan for the worse 😉
No real plans for first night out. But will try to get to Rouen ish.
You can all go fffffenjoy yerselves !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back