Anyone been through the tunnel recently?

Looking forward to an equally traffic free M20 on Monday. Hope for the best, plan for the worse 😉
No real plans for first night out. But will try to get to Rouen ish.
We usually go to the aire at Pont de l,arche so just clearing Rouen

We usually go to the aire at Pont de l,arche so just clearing Rouen
I'm pretty flexible on stop overs. I generally drive until I'm hungry, tired or both. Initially, I intended to stop at Baie de Somme. Now I reckon I can get a bit further down the way. Not sure I’d want to tackle Rouen in the dark. The traffic is bad enough during the day 🤬.

I'm pretty flexible on stop overs. I generally drive until I'm hungry, tired or both. Initially, I intended to stop at Baie de Somme. Now I reckon I can get a bit further down the way. Not sure I’d want to tackle Rouen in the dark. The traffic is bad enough during the day 🤬.
We usually hit Rouen at about 9.30 to 10.00 pm, which is why I carry on a bit further as Rouen is vey quite then, which then means I don’t have to tackle it in the morning.

Reactions: REC
We had a fridge and freezer full of illegal contraband :)

Where are you staying tonight Ruth?
Ours was in a cooler box under the bed! Pampleiga past Burgos this eve then be at the barn in Portugal tomorrow:D

That is exactly why we ended up in Baie de Somme first night. Arrived in dark and fog. Didn't fancy going round Rouen till morning.

Ours was in a cooler box under the bed! Pampleiga past Burgos this eve then be at the barn in Portugal tomorrow:D

Wow that's some long old driving days.

We have been staying in Bordeaux for 2 nights and are leaving this morning. After a trip to a supermarket we'll be heading for St Jean de Luz.

We will see what Tuesday morning brings.....
Don't steal all the sun, I hear it's going to be warm😁😁

Wow that's some long old driving days.

We have been staying in Bordeaux for 2 nights and are leaving this morning. After a trip to a supermarket we'll be heading for St Jean de Luz.
It's central Portugal so five hours from here, plus break at Villar Formosa to fill up with cheap fuel and buy vegetables. Used to do it with one stop but age and no need to rush has changed us. Pre- pandemic we have would have taken more time to meander both ways, but may do that on way back this time. Taking time to feel safe just wandering after last two years.

Sunny Portugal only 11c ....no checks at border. The A62 now just goes straight into Portugal. Have to turn off if you want cheap Spanish fuel...we always fill up on entering and leaving Spain! About an hour and half max to go and we can start strimming the weeds and open up the barn.:giggle::giggle:

Sunny Portugal only 11c ....no checks at border. The A62 now just goes straight into Portugal. Have to turn off if you want cheap Spanish fuel...we always fill up on entering and leaving Spain! About an hour and half max to go and we can start strimming the weeds and open up the barn.:giggle::giggle:
If I've got it right, fuel is cheaper in Spain, while LPGis cheaper in Portugal.
Oh! And you've less than a week to warm the place up. lol

If I've got it right, fuel is cheaper in Spain, while LPGis cheaper in Portugal.
Oh! And you've less than a week to warm the place up. lol
Warm as lit the woodburner on arrival, unfortunately no water at the moment though.....looks like the drought has hit our supply.Action being taken tomorrow...be fine by the time you get here! :);) If not, we will be filling containers from the village tap :oops:

I had an email from them yesterday suggesting that I could upload my French sworn declaration and also my pre departure antigen test results to their website so it would speed up transit through the border controls.

Has anyone done this in the last couple of weeks? If so did it work i.e. did you not have to produce physical documents as well?

ta
We have gone through tunnel this week. We uploaded documents to euro tunnel site prior to our arrival at checking. We did have physical documentation as well. Very quick and efficient service by euro tunnel.

No check at Portuguese land border for covid test....nobody to be seen at any border after France/uk

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back