Any members been to Amschterdam?

EarthDemon

I mean, can u park up in a semi-stealth van anywhere remotely close to the centre of town?

Went there with me granny on the day the Berlin Wall came down (1989). And again as responsible dad to the Anne Frank museum (2013). Now I’ve got a dodgy tikka I reckon I deserve a bit o fun afore I pop off. I’m thinking cannabis plus van gough, not into hookers - but that’s just me.

Tell me yer war stories. I’m a good listener.

Went years ago, and seemed to go back to the same 3 bars. Wife was better at finding them. We were in bar 'A' I said let's go to the other place. She took me to bar 'B'. No dear, oh light of my life, I want to go to the other place. We were just there dick head. I didn't realise she never clocked the name of it...

Closed it seems

And it wasn't in a van sorry.

Parking is expensive and strictly controlled in the city. When I visit friends there it is cheaper to use the campsites than pay the parking fees,and I don't usually use campsites. Gaasper Camping is a good one I have used for years, near the metro line into the centre. The city centre coffeeshops are rip-offs by the way. It's a beautiful city outside of the red light district.

Went years ago, and seemed to go back to the same 3 bars. Wife was better at finding them. We were in bar 'A' I said let's go to the other place. She took me to bar 'B'. No dear, oh light of my life, I want to go to the other place. We were just there dick head. I didn't realise she never clocked the name of it...

Closed it seems

And it wasn't in a van sorry.
Haha thanks man

Parking is expensive and strictly controlled in the city. When I visit friends there it is cheaper to use the campsites than pay the parking fees,and I don't usually use campsites. Gaasper Camping is a good one I have used for years, near the metro line into the centre. The city centre coffeeshops are rip-offs by the way. It's a beautiful city outside of the red light district.
Appreciated thank you. There’s a thing about camping being illegal in the lower countriesch isn’t there? Outside o campschitsh I mean. Gonna checkout that campschite.

went first time over 40 years ago and loved it . but it's very lively ! all the junkies carried bolt croppers for acquiring bikes to sell , and a camper left parked on the street would be stripped of everything including curtains almost as soon as it was left . the street muggers would ask you the time at the same time as giving you a massive slap round the face ! once you'd got your wits back , your wallet / handbag was long gone .
my mate was a coke dealer running his shop in a squat just behind Dam square . the cops knew but didn't mind the dealing or the squatting , it's surprises trey didn't like ! my youngest d/r worked in an Irish bar there and 2 of my other kids earnt dosh in the tulip factories .
definitely worth a visit , but you'' need an open mind , a sense of humour and the ability to swim , as you will get pissed and fall in a canal - it's like a rite of passage !

Went there with two other cars in 2018, stayed on the outskirts in hotel. The park n ride seemed to be cheap with tram/train ticket thrown in. My extended family including my wife 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren took me as a 70th birthday treat so I was on the straight and narrow.

A bit different to my visit in the 80s

I mean, can u park up in a semi-stealth van anywhere remotely close to the centre of town?

Went there with me granny on the day the Berlin Wall came down (1989). And again as responsible dad to the Anne Frank museum (2013). Now I’ve got a dodgy tikka I reckon I deserve a bit o fun afore I pop off. I’m thinking cannabis plus van gough, not into hookers - but that’s just me.

Tell me yer war stories. I’m a good listener.
I have edited your thread title, please be more respectful in future.

went first time over 40 years ago and loved it . but it's very lively ! all the junkies carried bolt croppers for acquiring bikes to sell , and a camper left parked on the street would be stripped of everything including curtains almost as soon as it was left . the street muggers would ask you the time at the same time as giving you a massive slap round the face ! once you'd got your wits back , your wallet / handbag was long gone .
my mate was a coke dealer running his shop in a squat just behind Dam square . the cops knew but didn't mind the dealing or the squatting , it's surprises trey didn't like ! my youngest d/r worked in an Irish bar there and 2 of my other kids earnt dosh in the tulip factories .
definitely worth a visit , but you'' need an open mind , a sense of humour and the ability to swim , as you will get pissed and fall in a canal - it's like a rite of passage !

A mate and I were walking down one of the backstreets when he spotted a bag on the floor. He picked it up and in it was a sizeable lump of dope. As we walked on, a huge bloke stepped out of a doorway and said "I think you have something that belongs to me".

"Don't think so" said my mate.

With that, the bloke pulled aside his long leather coat to reveal a handgun in his belt.

"Actually on consideration, I think you're right" said my mate and handed it over.

Haven't got a clue what that was all about!

If it's just weed and van gogh you're after, get some medical canabis from Dr and go online. :p :ROFLMAO:

Parked up in centre long time on Damrak. Van got broken into first night, got mugged by street dealers second night, although they ended up mugging themselves. Loved it there. :)

Wasn't a MH, just a panel van with mattress and camp cooker.

Germany is seriously considering de-criminalising cannabis, Canada has paid off its national debt since they did it. Wonder when the Mail, Express and Sun will decide to decriminalize it here?

Honestly glad it was illegal when I were a lad - not very edgy consuming the over taxed products of Big Cannabis. Plus the strength of it these days makes it a psychiatric drug.

I've never taken anything to be edgy. More reason to decriminalise it if it takes away the kudos of being rad or whatever it is they say these days. Sooner pay tax than subsidise organised crime, though admittedly that is a fine line these days.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back