Animal Health Certificates

Sorry, not sure how NI works for that but if a mainland vet makes any entry on an EU passport, it's definitely voided.

Sorry, not sure how NI works for that but if a mainland vet makes any entry on an EU passport, it's definitely voided.
Kerry is Southern Ireland. I showed the vet the post referring to a vet in the UK adding to the EU passport and his words were that is not the case. I am only relaying what a qualified vet said to me this afternoon. Unless you know better!

I've read it loads of times from reliable sources - but if I am wrong, I'd be delighted because that would make it all so much easier.

I'm delighted as we have an EU passport for €109 and €9 for a new collar.😂

Kerry is Southern Ireland. I showed the vet the post referring to a vet in the UK adding to the EU passport and his words were that is not the case. I am only relaying what a qualified vet said to me this afternoon. Unless you know better!
Must admit your Irish vet is contradicting every other vet I've spoken to (French , Spanish and Scottish)
Just been to vet here in Paimpol and she can renew rabies jab with 3 year coverage next year .
Does seem Spain differs in that from France . Handy to know

Update on previous posts . New passport with recent rabies jab not accepted at Calais today as jab wasn't 21 days old . Don't remember that rule .
Fortunately did have my AHC which I purchased for coming over .

Update on previous posts . New passport with recent rabies jab not accepted at Calais today as jab wasn't 21 days old . Don't remember that rule .
Fortunately did have my AHC which I purchased for coming over .
In ours, the vet wrote the date administered, the date it is effective (3 weeks later) and date it expires (3 years later). I'm not sure but I thought the date effective ought to be immediately because it was a booster, not a first vaccine. But we will be more than 3 weeks before Calais so I didn't fret. But I'll still do the same as you, and get the worming treatment recorded on both.

In ours, the vet wrote the date administered, the date it is effective (3 weeks later) and date it expires (3 years later). I'm not sure but I thought the date effective ought to be immediately because it was a booster, not a first vaccine. But we will be more than 3 weeks before Calais so I didn't fret. But I'll still do the same as you, and get the worming treatment recorded on both.
Yes think the logic , in my case , is that the new passport only shows the new rabies jab not any previous .
But I agree the rabies cover is continuous .
Will just make sure the 21 day rule is observed in future

We had the AHC done local vet £65 in August some of the prices mentioned are just ridiculous

As for EU Passport

We had no issues obtaining one in France. We had no French address in fact they put our English address on it we also had the 3 year rabies as well all for 57 Euros
When we returned and went to a different French vet for worming tablet she gave the passport the once over all ok. We never had any issues at the port either The vet was excellent and spoke excellent English.
Can you tell everyone which Vet you went to?

What's really annoying is that none of this needed to be happening if the government had simply agreed to maintain equality of standards that the UK already had when they were sorting out the brexshit agreement. They just said no to everything in their haste to sever ties with Europe instead of accepting Europe's offer to implement the withdrawal over several years so simple stuff like pet passports could be discussed and agreed to mutual benefit.
They (UK government) were asked to sort out this simple issue in the full knowledge of the additional costs people would face but they chose not to. Talk about working for the people? Its not the case, its just more pain inflicted on the public for no good reason. The cost to the country of comming up with new processes was a pointless expense no one needed. :mad:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back