Almost full lockdown coming for a while...

I'm stuffed and will starve to death so please help! It appears that our village which is right on the North Yorkshire south Durham border (south of the River Tees) is marooned. As the old wooden bridge across the Tees is closed it means I cant get to Barnard Castle without crossing from Tier 4 to Tier 3 which is now illegal and I cant go to Richmond for the same reason which means no Chippy and no Pie shop. This is the end for me so please help. We need food parcels desperately. If each one of you could send us one of these essentials packages Ill see they get distributed to the needy.

I thank you.

Essential Food Parcels

I dutifully followed your link in order to help your dire predicament. Selected the Lenny Kravitz edition fizz, in honour of your status as a rock god. It was also reduced to £2200, a saving of £550 which helps.

Sadly when I got to the checkout, I discovered that they are not delivering to Tier 4.

I am very disappointed not to be able to help you in your hour of need.

Life’s a bitch.

Davy

I'm stuffed and will starve to death so please help! It appears that our village which is right on the North Yorkshire south Durham border (south of the River Tees) is marooned. As the old wooden bridge across the Tees is closed it means I cant get to Barnard Castle without crossing from Tier 4 to Tier 3 which is now illegal and I cant go to Richmond for the same reason which means no Chippy and no Pie shop. This is the end for me so please help. We need food parcels desperately. If each one of you could send us one of these essentials packages Ill see they get distributed to the needy.

I thank you.

Essential Food Parcels

I was just about to post you one Barry but then it got all lost and eaten.

I thank you.

Essential Food Parcels

When I can find the free cookies they sent I'll forward them on.

It's all very well placing tier numbers and restrictions where ever the gov deems fit.
Surely the key point is getting people to adhere to those restrictians which is plainly not happening.

Last edited:
Tier 4 here and on the buses some people are not wearing masks, shop workers not wearing masks its little wonder that covid has spread :(
Masks dont stop the virus as its many times smaller than the material used.
What will happen is you get cold sores and nose/ear invections.

When I can find the free cookies they sent I'll forward them on.

It's all very well placing tier numbers and restrictions where ever the gov deems fit.
Surely the key point is getting people to adhere to those restrictians which is plainly not happening.
Exactly,round here in the original lockdown all the supermarkets had staff on the door and you had to queue. It was one in and one out to maintain SD.
Since original lockdown ended it's been a free for all and still is although the situation is worse than in the spring. I only shop at 10pm now. I think the new variant should be renamed Moronavirus.

Well I’m surprised we’ve stayed in Tier 3, although our numbers had dropped drastically before Xmas.
I see the daily deaths have risen above 1k again, and new infection rates seem to be spiralling out of control, 😭 so it seems we’ll have to be a little more cautious than we were before, I’ve never bothered with washing packaging etc, but might start doing, now this new strain is about.
Korky - supermarkets round here have traffic light systems, and Tesco (the one we use most) still have staff watching out when required, although luckily it’s never been that busy when we’ve been, which is good.

Depends on the mask...
Explain the cold sores nose/ear infections scenario please?

Not really correct as it will be attached in the main to moisture or mucus droplets which are much larger than the virus itself. The material also inhibits the projectile force and therefore distance of exhaled breath. The effectiveness of various mask materials does vary a lot though. Even the best masks the public wears are not anything like 100% effective but go a long way to inhibit spread. Occupational mask wearing for long durations I suppose could lead to some minor problems, but for the average member of the public it is no more than a minor inconvenience.
In such a serious situation as we find ourselves in I think it is irresponsible to post such dangerous and inaccurate info. as "Masks don't stop the virus." They do.
Think of the poor buggers in the NHS working in PPE all day for long shifts.

In such a serious situation as we find ourselves in I think it is irresponsible to post such dangerous and inaccurate info. as "Masks don't stop the virus." They do.

Friend's d-i-l is an intensive care nurse, been working on the covid wards from the beginning.

She finished her shift early afternoon on Christmas Day, came home, straight into their garage (think they have a wet room there) and makes sure she's clean, changed and everything disinfected before she eventually goes into the house.

Apparently the poor lass has a near-permanent indentation on her forehead from wearing the face shield day in, day out. :cry:

Her husband is a fireman, they have 3 daughters, 10 y.o. twins and a 20 year old.

She's had some really rough shifts this year. Very long ones too. Difficult to get your head around how bad it can be, and very, very sobering - and humbling - when I hear from her m-i-l about some of the things they are having to deal with.

It`s self inflicted and if they`d enforced the previous measures like they said they would we wouldn`t be in this situation.

Took dog down beach yesterday lots of cars and people around probably a lot more than a normal winter's day - the problem is nice day everyone is out

Most around here are obeying the rules, we can shop without anyone intruding on our space, at last seeing someone without a mask is rare but you still see the odd young people without obvious reasons, one of our neighbours works at the airport and he is exempt from wearing a mask but the bus drivers still refuse him as a passenger so he walks to work, they have CCTV cameras on board so they are not afraid to refuse you but I don't understand why if they cannot wear a mask they don't wear a visor, more guidance/rules needed from the government in my opinion
The bus drivers cannot by law refuse your neighbour I am exempt and don’t wear a mask, only once was I asked by a bus driver if he could see my exemption certificate? When I explained there is no such thing he told me I can buy one from the enquiry desk at the bus station, it’s a money making excercise. You can download them for free off google which makes it a farce. I just showed him what it says on gov.Uk website and he waved me on the bus

Not really correct as it will be attached in the main to moisture or mucus droplets which are much larger than the virus itself. The material also inhibits the projectile force and therefore distance of exhaled breath. The effectiveness of various mask materials does vary a lot though. Even the best masks the public wears are not anything like 100% effective but go a long way to inhibit spread. Occupational mask wearing for long durations I suppose could lead to some minor problems, but for the average member of the public it is no more than a minor inconvenience.
I have a nephew who was working frontline at one of the London hospitals wearing medical grade masks and all the other gear, taking as much care as possible, still caught it at 22 years old, so do the masks really work?

I have a nephew who was working frontline at one of the London hospitals wearing medical grade masks and all the other gear, taking as much care as possible, still caught it at 22 years old, so do the masks really work?

Yes but who's to say he caught it at work?

But short of a completely sealed suit it's very hard to stop a virus. I'm sure any sort of barrier is going to be better than none.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back