Allpowers Portable Generator on Amazon for just £79.99

Moped

Normal price £249.99 Currently with a £120 discount code and a further 20% discount if you select the discounts. I have copied and pasted the basket info which shows the actual price to pay.

It is lithium Ion so older battery technology and slower to charge but you can charge it using a 12v DC socket which is handy if you have a fixed solar panel on the roof and you charge it daytime using your TV 12v socket. That’s what I do with my River 2 anyway. Takes some of the night time pressure from the leisure battery as it will power the TV and charge mobile devices. Really for £80 it has to be worth it for a low cost experimental trial of this type of product to see if this sort of thing would be useful going forward.

Just to add Allpowers in the Q&A section, whilst it is possible with limitations, to prolong battery life they do not recommend charging and discharging at the same time so there are pass through limitations. Generally though for us we charge daytime and discharge nighttime so really you have to consider whether this restriction affects your potential power bank use.

ALLPOWERS Portable Generator 288Wh Power Station Emergency Power Supply with DC/AC Inverter, PD Technology, Wireless Output, Charged by Solar Panel/Wall Outlet for Camping
£249.99 £79.99

Last edited:
As a follow up I have looked at a few YouTube videos and also the specification on the Allpowers website and both sources state that the product has pass through charging.

So the Amazon Q&A answer that I referred to in the initial post appears to be incorrect.

Don’t understand why they call these things generators when it appears they are just batteries with extra equipment added.
I used the term “generator” in the topic title.

To be fair to Allpowers they do refer to the product as a “portable power station” which is the term most manufacturers use.

For some reason though they have added the word “generator” in the Amazon product title. Maybe to get more hits on the back of a Google or Amazon search?

Using the word “generator” in the topic title may also lead to more Google search hits for this topic and website so Admin will be happy! :)

Last edited:
I think the term "solar generator" has pretty well fallen into non-use as it was so misleading. Portable Power Station or Power Bank is a much better term.

I think "BIAFB" is the best description (Battery In A Fancy Box). I've got a BIAFB myself, so familiar with the pros and cons.

I think the term "solar generator" has pretty well fallen into non-use as it was so misleading. Portable Power Station or Power Bank is a much better term.

I think "BIAFB" is the best description (Battery In A Fancy Box). I've got a BIAFB myself, so familiar with the pros and cons.
They do incorporate features such as battery charger and charging by multiple sources, inverters for AC and DC outputs, MCCT controller, battery management system, led display, Bluetooth and WiFi, apps with management and timer menus, mobile device wireless charging, battery expansion capabilities and all in a portable unit.

When comparing power bank prices with the cost of buying all the specification stand alone equivalents and factoring in the portability the value becomes apparent.

The £80 Allpowers unit, whilst being one of the lesser known brands, does offer most of the above so for those who currently don’t own a “BIAFB” and who are happy to go along with its power limitations then there is not much to loose if you decide after a few weeks use that a “BIAFB” is not for you.

If I didn’t already own a Ecoflow River 2 (also discounted at the moment) I would purchase one. To be honest though if I was absolutely certain of the benefits I would pay more and go for an established brand.

Last edited:
If you have an Amazon business account, it is further discounted ;) (I won't ruin your day by posting openly how much extra you could have saved :cool: . If you click the below spoiler text, you can reveal it however)

Extra Saving through a Amazon Business Account is ...... drum roll .....
50 pence!!
:D

Thank you Moped. Just ordered one for £79.99 - seems a great price. I've been toying with the idea of something like this for ages as I only run with one leisure battery and most of my time in the van is off grid. Can't wait to see how it performs.

I have also ordered one (on my Business Account obviously to get the extra savings ;) ) as will be handy tool to test camper electric kit with (y)

I have also ordered one, it looks ideal for when you need emergency power, it could even end up being donated to one of the motorhomer raffles ;)

well, you get what you pay for.

AC Output stopped working. Won't even drive a 2W load.
The DC is not much better - Get an "E" Error if I try to plug in a 10000mAh power bank in (these are drawing under 6W when I plug them into a USB socket elsewhere).

Going back forthwith

Mine seems to be working ok, I have just had it powering my alpicool 12 volt freezer for 2 days, also powering a 40" tv on the inverter for over 4 hours, as well as charging my laptop and phones

£80 offer no longer available. The price has now risen on Amazon to around £105 after discounts. Ebay now marginally cheaper at £100.

One or two other products I have been watching have also had prices moving up post black friday. There is always the January sales.

As the electric car boom, if you can call it that, appears to be over, demand for core battery metals, and with it the market price of the raw materials, should drop so power banks and solar panels might be even better value in 2024.

£80 offer no longer available. The price has now risen on Amazon to around £105 after discounts. Ebay now marginally cheaper at £100.

One or two other products I have been watching have also had prices moving up post black friday. There is always the January sales.

As the electric car boom, if you can call it that, appears to be over, demand for core battery metals, and with it the market price of the raw materials, should drop so power banks and solar panels might be even better value in 2024.
it is still available at under £80 on Amazon.

I had a look as I am trying to get a returns label for my faulty one. It is proving a pain.... right now I would not recommend the Product OR the Seller.

it is still available at under £80 on Amazon.

I had a look as I am trying to get a returns label for my faulty one. It is proving a pain.... right now I would not recommend the Product OR the Seller.
I am trying to get a return label as well, unfortunately it comes from the seller not Amazon, I was told by Amazon that the seller would send a return label within two days but instead I get a message asking for more information of the faults so that their technical team can help me with a quick solution, a return label would be a quick solution 🥴

I am trying to get a return label as well, unfortunately it comes from the seller not Amazon, I was told by Amazon that the seller would send a return label within two days but instead I get a message asking for more information of the faults so that their technical team can help me with a quick solution, a return label would be a quick solution 🥴
I spoke to an Amazon human last night to say I was having trouble getting a pre-paid label and they are now doing the request for me. Passing to Amazon to manage means they have it logged and if not received in a timely manner, they do a refund and charge the seller the costs.

I had this kind of problem with a Chinese Diesel Heater from eBay - seller kept fobbing me off, then offering 10% off, 20% off, 40% off if I kept it. Just let my eBay man deal with it (I have the 'concierge' service) and he sorted out the refund and I never sent the heater back as no label was ever provided. (a lot of these products are so cheap to make, they really don't want to pay the cost of returns as it is more than the returned item is worth).

I spoke to an Amazon human last night to say I was having trouble getting a pre-paid label and they are now doing the request for me. Passing to Amazon to manage means they have it logged and if not received in a timely manner, they do a refund and charge the seller the costs.

I had this kind of problem with a Chinese Diesel Heater from eBay - seller kept fobbing me off, then offering 10% off, 20% off, 40% off if I kept it. Just let my eBay man deal with it (I have the 'concierge' service) and he sorted out the refund and I never sent the heater back as no label was ever provided. (a lot of these products are so cheap to make, they really don't want to pay the cost of returns as it is more than the returned item is worth).
I tried to speak to a human this morning but it says that I have to give two working days, Amazon returns are excellent once you speak to someone so I am not concerned, I have a few items as well that didn't need returning ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back