All pictures removed

we already have 2 sets of people on here site supporters and the rest ,surely after the vote if it goes in favour of a private section the rest of us will be segregated ,unless we buy are way in,or am i missing something?
there are NOT 2 sets of people on this site there is only one set, some chose to support this site and some dont me personaly as soon as i get turned round i will donate. we do not segregate at all in fact we are what you can call a family or very good friends, i have met some very nice and may i say caring people here if you feel segregated then why are you a member. it seems to me that there are a few new members that all they do is moan, if you dont like what you see or hear then dont post or go to another site i am sorry if this offends some but if you dont like it then move on .

i will donate as soon as poss,,its a great site ,,well worth supporting..

i dont think it needs changing at all,,,,,but im just one..one who dont drink,,smoke or swear !!:cool:

so does that mean if the vote ends up 45% against and 55% for nealy half of us will lose out?

Hi,Paulamy, so are you suggesting a minimum majority of say 80 or 90% in order to make this a fair ballot?:confused:
If my vote is'nt enough and another vote wins the ballot then I will respect their opinions move with the flow in order to keep this excellent site up and running.

there are NOT 2 sets of people on this site there is only one set, some chose to support this site and some dont me personaly as soon as i get turned round i will donate. we do not segregate at all in fact we are what you can call a family or very good friends, i have met some very nice and may i say caring people here if you feel segregated then why are you a member. it seems to me that there are a few new members that all they do is moan, if you dont like what you see or hear then dont post or go to another site i am sorry if this offends some but if you dont like it then move on .

Good post ,Mandrake, I'm with you on this one;):)

Hi,Paulamy, so are you suggesting a minimum majority of say 80 or 90% in order to make this a fair ballot?:confused:
If my vote is'nt enough and another vote wins the ballot then I will respect their opinions move with the flow in order to keep this excellent site up and running.

no im against making the site unavailable to even 1 person unless that person violates the site, the rules have to be the same for everybody so if a subscription is needed then so be it and if every member has to pay then it would not be very much a pound each a year would bring in over 3 grand but it has to be the same for everyone thats all im saying. the original donation sceme was volantary but if the vote goes for members that have contributed some thing a lot of people will lose out.

This is the very last time this subject will be debated on and voted on.

I dont want to and have never wanted to make this site a paysite.
When me and my family were struggling for money and my wife was in tears because should could not afford to buy things we needed for the children, I asked people to help pay for the site that they benefited from. Thankfully some very charitable members gave their cash to keep this site open for everyone else. As far as I am concerned the deserve respect for that, not just from me but from all the other people who continue to benefit from their goodwill.

I am quite happy for the site to stay as it is and for people to keep their treasured sites for themselves and their friends.

no thanks button so a personal thanks from me

no im against making the site unavailable to even 1 person unless that person violates the site, the rules have to be the same for everybody so if a subscription is needed then so be it and if every member has to pay then it would not be very much a pound each a year would bring in over 3 grand but it has to be the same for everyone thats all im saying. the original donation sceme was volantary but if the vote goes for members that have contributed some thing a lot of people will lose out.

My one and only concern is that if this bickering carries on and Admin gets p***ed off with it , he will pull the plug and I will lose contact with all the new friends I have made since joining this site.

My one and only concern is that if this bickering carries on and Admin gets p***ed off with it , he will pull the plug and I will lose contact with all the new friends I have made since joining this site.

same here but i dont think that will happen hopefully

I am not going to pull the plug now, members have put five years of effort into building this site and it will stay. Whatever the outcome of the poll is will stand.

I would prefer that we have a section where it is based on peoples input into the site. That way if they are committed to the site they get promoted to a usergroup that can access the area. The problem is that members will be excluded who dont post lots in the community areas but do post lots of wc sites.

I agree with all points of view here, I can see why having restricted viewing is bad and I can see why people dont want to share their treasured places with all the viewers we get.

Why not post pictures but dont give exact location ie (Dunfries Scotland) and if any member or freind wants more info on exact location or directions he/she can pm the poster.
Iam hearing accounts about yobs much more this year its not the fact that they are likely to attack you its more when they park right next to your van and blast music till 4 am etc or tear up and down the road out of their heads on smack,if you think it does'nt happen then your on the wrong planet,these days anything goes they dont care like we used to.
a gold panner was telling me whilst he was up the river panning yobs drove motorbikes round his van banging on the sides with his wife inside who was terrified,could you imagine getting that treatment for 10 mins or so,they will target weakness.
Of course the problem is not widespread but it certainly is getting worse.

Don't change the site!!!
It is great as it is.
If members choose to post locations or not then that is their choice.
If they want to share their locations with others they can do so by PM.
There is no requirement for private areas, this will only alienate a lot of members.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back