All pictures removed

scooter

I have removed all my pictures from this forum a step i regret very much, but due to the yob problem here in Scotland i feel its a step i need to take.
Having spoken with a game keeper recently who has seen a pictures here of the lovely location where he works ,he expressed concern of the increased yob camping level in that area ,which i will not name but personally i have seen increased danger in some of the areas featured here which may be part related.
Until a private members area can be made i will not be posting any futher information in the public domain ,and i would ask any other member that i have shown good wild camping area's that have then posted pictures to please remove them as information was given on good will

I'm with you on this one which is a tremendous pity. But even posting the pictures on a private members area does not mean that someone can still access that portion of the site and still cause havoc wherever.
I see no way round it except to e-mail the photos to members that you know and trust.
Sorry.

Do we get to discuss this matter before committing ourselves to voting?

it would seem easier to just make the site subscription only then each member could choose to stay or go,i personaly dont like the way this site is going eg, them and us it was at first nice and light hearted on here with lots of info now its getting a bit bitter at times. none of us seem to no how we stand , donations were said to be volantary but now those who did,nt give are being cut out of some of the site it would have been more honest to tell people in the first place if you dont give you wont get all the site

it would seem easier to just make the site subscription only then each member could choose to stay or go,i personaly dont like the way this site is going eg, them and us it was at first nice and light hearted on here with lots of info now its getting a bit bitter at times. none of us seem to no how we stand , donations were said to be volantary but now those who did,nt give are being cut out of some of the site it would have been more honest to tell people in the first place if you dont give you wont get all the site

Incorrect.

donators (AkA site supporters) do not get to see any private parts of the site or have any special powers on wildcamping. I fact there are NO private sections of this site.

"

Incorrect.

donators (AkA site supporters) do not get to see any private parts of the site or have any special powers on wildcamping. I fact there are NO private sections of this site."

what are we voting for then?

"

Incorrect.

donators (AkA site supporters) do not get to see any private parts of the site or have any special powers on wildcamping. I fact there are NO private sections of this site."

what are we voting for then?

Well if we already had private sections there would be no point voting to see if we wanted to add private sections.

A member has asked for a private section, so we are voting to see if the other members want this and if they do want it, who should have access to it.

i think you are all over exagerating the problem !
old ladys live in fear of being muged whilst shopping but we dont close the shops do we
we cant let a few mindless people spoil what we have got
i admit there might have been a couple of idiots who spoiled a place you liked
there is always a couple of them in all walks of life spoiling all manner of things
for all sorts of people

cheers terry

Whilst it maybe possible that some louts would come to this website looking for potential wilding spots - the likelyhood seems a bit remote to me. I'd say that most locals know of good, often remote spots, and head there for a party which would get closed down by the coppers in a residential street. They most likely view wilders as interlopers intruding on their "private" party spot.

We had a few chats with "travellers/tinkers" last year and they have a completely different view on wilding - they do it as a way of life (not always by choice), not as a getaway. From the amount of crap/bottles/cans around their camp areas they seem to have more than their fair share of parties.

One man's lout is another man's party animal!!

"donators (AkA site supporters) do not get to see any private parts" ..........is this a naturists wildcamping website as well?

we already have 2 sets of people on here site supporters and the rest ,surely after the vote if it goes in favour of a private section the rest of us will be segregated ,unless we buy are way in,or am i missing something?

so does that mean if the vote ends up 45% against and 55% for nealy half of us will lose out?

Just my view,,,,,,why change what is a very good website ?..

If it aint broke,,,,,,,dont fix it !!

This is the very last time this subject will be debated on and voted on.

I dont want to and have never wanted to make this site a paysite.
When me and my family were struggling for money and my wife was in tears because should could not afford to buy things we needed for the children, I asked people to help pay for the site that they benefited from. Thankfully some very charitable members gave their cash to keep this site open for everyone else. As far as I am concerned the deserve respect for that, not just from me but from all the other people who continue to benefit from their goodwill.

I am quite happy for the site to stay as it is and for people to keep their treasured sites for themselves and their friends.

So you say that more than half don't:eek:
Just vote as your conscience tells you:D
Do you not understand how voting or elections work:confused:
I do not understand why you are so up tight as what you voted for is winning:D

not uptight just trying to be fair on everybody we're happy with the way things are and think segregation isn't the answer. Admin wanted members opinions thats all this is.smiley smiley

This is the very last time this subject will be debated on and voted on.

I dont want to and have never wanted to make this site a paysite.
When me and my family were struggling for money and my wife was in tears because should could not afford to buy things we needed for the children, I asked people to help pay for the site that they benefited from. Thankfully some very charitable members gave their cash to keep this site open for everyone else. As far as I am concerned the deserve respect for that, not just from me but from all the other people who continue to benefit from their goodwill.

I am quite happy for the site to stay as it is and for people to keep their treasured sites for themselves and their friends.

I understand your situation as most of us are going through it.This site is an amazing site no doubt there but it seems a shame that it might change

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back