Aldi Safe

We have found a place where it can be bolted in. Nice and poky with no extra room round it and difficult to access, so not much room to get at it with a hammer or crow bar.
I did say it was only to deter opportunists, but everyone likes to tell you different.
The more difficult to access, the more damage the thieves will do to your van to get at valuables you obviously have because you need a safe in your van to keep them in.
Only sayin. 😂

We have a very safe place for any valuables. No lockable box, just somewhere, even the most hardened thief would not investigate. Just for stuff we need to have with us but won't need access to often.

We have a very safe place for any valuables. No lockable box, just somewhere, even the most hardened thief would not investigate. Just for stuff we need to have with us but won't need access to often.
In our panel van, that would be the toilet cassette compartment. :poop: I've been considering something like that myself.

Have a secure one fitted in my van from day one, cost £15, problem is they only work when you are not there, if you are in the van and a t leaf breaks in with a knife or gun you are sure gonna open the bugger for him.
You say that but I got my nickname of Boris from a Latvian bad guy who did stick a gun in my face, when I said I’m a Paddy mate, pull the trigger and after the bullet passes through my head I‘ll still kick you arse he laughed and left my room.

True story.

The electronic ones are reasonably secure as long as they are securely bolted. Not bla.ming my miss spent youth but the solenoid can be dropped by bouncing them on a bed . Opening when fixed and driving would be unusual as you need to pull the door as the solenoid releases. May be he had a weak spring. Stops the opertunist thief and most of us are to old to bounce the van on a mattress ☺️

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back