Air suspension

tailgate

Free Member
Hi. Has anyone fitted the cheaper (270£ ish) Air suspension kits. Any good?

I have fit them to our previous motorhome and our present motorhome, not had any problems just great improvements on handling and driving experience.
Simple to fit took about two hours most of which is spent threading the pipe out of the way and into the cab.
Just make sure your not on alko chassis as they are more involved

I have fit them to our previous motorhome and our present motorhome, not had any problems just great improvements on handling and driving experience.
Simple to fit took about two hours most of which is spent threading the pipe out of the way and into the cab.
Just make sure your not on alko chassis as they are more involved
No standard fiat chassis.was this the cheapo type you fitted

I fitted them to our Bessacarr which improved the handling, we now have a Burstner and the handling is superb without air suspension so won't bother fitting it.

Yes fitted one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/robrob444/m.html?ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654
very pleased with it and the seller been on for 4 yrs now fitted in 2 hrs easily on the drive just had rear on levellers
I didn't bother with the compressor used just the one fill point for both
Now even for me this is a really stoopid question---but-----Is this kit fairly easy to fit? Especially by an arthritic senile geriatric. Because my brain cell is slowly disintegrating I am finding many seemingly easy things more and more difficult to handle these days but I do try to keep things going and pneumatic suspenders seem like a great idea if I can only manage to install them

Hi,
Yes, we bought the cheaper ones off E-Bay. It cost about £270. It has been on for about 4 years now. I couldn't fit on myself due to a bad back so asked my local garage to fit it. They had never seen one before but I explained how it works and did the job, cost about £100 to fit. Touch wood no problems on my Burstner T615 on a Fiat Chassis. The only problem I have with it is that on my previous MH I could blow up either side independently. This however, is just one valve but it works.

Hope this helps. PJ

Is the cheapo one self leveling for camper as well as for driving.
I'm thinking for my lwb sprinter, will it lower access for doors when parked. Especially the rear doors?
Tia

Seem to remember something about certain Fiats that they did not fit. Ours has double leaf springs and ride is fine. Single springs and near weight limit might help but you still need to abide by the law.

I'm thinking for my lwb sprinter, will it lower access for doors when parked. Especially the rear doors?
Tia

They just assist the springs they will not lower the vehicle lower than the spring normal position.

Tia
No to both ? just raise a little there not designed for levelling

We just want to fit as we carry bikes on rear doors and a thule box on tow bar ,so weight is quite far back . Which pulls rear down a little. Plus it will help cornering and ride

We just want to fit as we carry bikes on rear doors and a thule box on tow bar ,so weight is quite far back . Which pulls rear down a little. Plus it will help cornering and ride
Then the cheaper ones will do what you are wanting

Think I would head down to the weigh bridge and get it weighed with all your kit in first then work out what load you have on the axles. Don't forget to fill with water, passengers, food, bedding and full tank of diesel.

Think I would head down to the weigh bridge and get it weighed with all your kit in first then work out what load you have on the axles. Don't forget to fill with water, passengers, food, bedding and full tank of diesel.
Then add on around 20 kgs to allow for the air suspension which your adding an tell your ins company you've fitted it

I have fitted a kit from the ebay seller above robrob444 been on about 3yrs now no problem. Did have a problem with a leak on one of the bags when i fitted it but got it swapped within a few days. Had to do some slight modification to my kit as it was for a lwb vw lt and my van is medium wheelbase but not the sellers fault I knew it was for a lwb.

Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back