Air suspension, what pressure?

4,100kg and i run at 4 bar.

It has a garage at the rear and a 2.4m overhang so the rear axle runs at very close to the 2,500kg max.

I find that 4 bar helps immensely with handling and keeps it sat nice and level even when fully loaded

ALKO Torsion Bar

My camper has air bags inside springs It's an old type independent system the top up valve is located in the rear bumper, i generally put about 20 psi anything over that and it's too stiff.

For those confused about PSI and Bars like me!

1 Bar = 14.5 PSI

Must admit 20 PSI or 1.4 Bar seems a bit low compared to that reported by others. Assume it’s a very light camper. Is air suspension really effective and can the cost be justified at these low air pressures?

I’m thinking about it hence the interest.

For those confused about PSI and Bars like me!

1 Bar = 14.5 PSI

Must admit 20 PSI or 1.4 Bar seems a bit low compared to that reported by others. Assume it’s a very light camper. Is air suspension really effective and can the cost be justified at these low air pressures?

I’m thinking about it hence the interest.

It does help feel firmer less body roll when cornering etc, it's a VW holdsworth t4 valentine special, and i did not fit the air assist..... i believe is was the top of the range 25 year ago with roof rack, rear ladder rear safety Bumper, air assist corner steadies auto gearbox etc.

I have rear air bags fitted and have been running fully loaded (3800kg) at 60psi. Rear tyre pressures 65psi, good firm ride and cornering.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back