Aib ins breakdown cover

Darren just of the blower, he said i was phoning a old number from my last cover and a new number is on the new policy.
Well this year i got no ins & b down policy sent to me, darren says it was, so must have been lost in the post which happens here a lot.
All sorted now with 3 numbers to call, well done darren for finding the problem and sorting. (y)
AIB only email policy details...

So im told, so how if ask to show by police do you do that when my pc is at home, Garda down south dont except this as they cannot check, ok up norf.
The details are in a PDF file which you can display on a smartphone.

That said I carry a hardcopy of the policy certificate and green card statement.

The details are in a PDF file which you can display on a smartphone.

That said I carry a hardcopy of the policy certificate and green card statement.
So next you have to buy a smart ph that many detest, better to have a paper cert by miles, and to have a secure smart linux ph is well over £600 which i wont be spending.

PS Make sure you know your policy number...
I dont cause they never sent me a policy, they say they did but it never landed here.
This is all i got sent . :(
aib ins.jpg

Last edited:
So im told, so how if ask to show by police do you do that when my pc is at home, Garda down south dont except this as they cannot check, ok up norf.

Why would the Police need to see it Trev? I'm pretty sure they will just be able to check online if your vehicle is insured or not.

Why would the Police need to see it Trev? I'm pretty sure they will just be able to check online if your vehicle is insured or not.
Not in irish republic, they are not connected to england or n ireland as we are british.

Thats all they do now I reckon. In fact I think their systems flash up if a vehicle is uninsured.
That is why it's essential to check the MID online after renewal, especially if you've changed insurer. In that event there can be a significant delay in the database being updated.

Back