Aib ins breakdown cover

AIB didn’t seem fussed that it was taking so long to get a screen. What made it worse was the fitter that done the screen explained we could have had it done elsewhere and claimed the money back from our insurer. Why didn’t AIB explain this?
I may be wrong, but I think the windscreen cover is provided by United Legal, and they chose the repairer. AIB is a broker who arranges that insurance for you.

I may be wrong, but I think the windscreen cover is provided by United Legal, and they chose the repairer. AIB is a broker who arranges that insurance for you.
It’s Aib that takes my money. Whoever provides cover or fits the screen Aib weren’t really fussed it was going to take two weeks.

It’s Aib that takes my money. Whoever provides cover or fits the screen Aib weren’t really fussed it was going to take two weeks.
I was making the point that you said that they could "claim the money back from your insurer." AIB is the broker, not the insurer.

I was making the point that you said that they could "claim the money back from your insurer." AIB is the broker, not the insurer.
And I was making the point it’s Aib that take my money and it’s Aib I called when my screen was damaged and Aib weren’t fussed it was taking two weeks and didn’t think to tell me I could get it done elsewhere and send them the invoice and be refunded.
I’m happy with Aib and still pay them for my insurance.

Our A-Class N&B Arto got a dull one 2018 I think it was? A nasty chip which got dealt with when we returned home, Ins was through AIB. Auto Glass or equivalent arrived with a view to making a repair, which was not do-able. OOHOOH, what now, I had read articles of other N&B owners returning to Polch for a windscreen replacement :oops:

No need to worry, Auto who ever, passed me over to https://www.psvglassandglazing.co.uk/ They do home visits, I opted to go to their Glasgow depot with the MH. Two reasons for this. 1, weather, MH was inside their unit. 2, any issues, better resolved at their base (there were no installation issues).

Job turned out to be a dawdle, as the lads are doing such jobs to any means of transport you can think of every day.

Reason for my post? Keep PSV in mind if your are having difficulty with the normal run of the mill windscreen repair company dragging their heels.

Last edited:
Email sent to Darren today with full explanation of b down falure, im sure in time he will reply,lucky i havethe skills to make do in a bad situation, others may have been well goosed.

Last edited:
Got a quote off AIB for van insurance and breakdown cover , asked them to send all the details of the breakdown cover policy documents t&C etc so I could go through it all, was told they couldn't do that and just sent an email with brief cover details, so went elsewhere and got good breakdown cover through eurobreakdown.com

Got a quote off AIB for van insurance and breakdown cover , asked them to send all the details of the breakdown cover policy documents t&C etc so I could go through it all, was told they couldn't do that and just sent an email with brief cover details, so went elsewhere and got good breakdown cover through eurobreakdown.com
I used to have 9 vehicles with AIB. After many years of using them all their quotes were coming through at double or more than last years. The Land Rover was three time the cost of last year and they would no longer send all the terms of cover with each policy. I now only have one vehicle with them and that's a small tractor. As for euro breakdown I broke down with a water pump leak in France, they got me recovered and after changing the £35 pump they gave me a bill for1000 euros. Phone calls to discuss was rubbish and needless to say I didn't pay that much.

All i ever want from b down cover is me wife kids and van trailered home pronto & safe if it is not a simple roadside fix, i never want taken to a garage to be scalpt.

All i ever want from b down cover is me wife kids and van trailered home pronto & safe if it is not a simple roadside fix, i never want taken to a garage to be scalpt.

Most policies will only recover you to the nearest garage or a limited mileage. Anything more than that you pay for. Worth double checking policy details👍

That is all I want as well Trev, I pay extra for the cover that will take me home whatever the distance

Just had an email asking what number i phoned, strange it was the one on the policy docs. :unsure:
Mind you there are 2 numbers, why not label one uk one ireland and one central europe, maybe to clever that

Darren just of the blower, he said i was phoning a old number from my last cover and a new number is on the new policy.
Well this year i got no ins & b down policy sent to me, darren says it was, so must have been lost in the post which happens here a lot.
All sorted now with 3 numbers to call, well done darren for finding the problem and sorting. (y)

Darren just of the blower, he said i was phoning a old number from my last cover and a new number is on the new policy.
Well this year i got no ins & b down policy sent to me, darren says it was, so must have been lost in the post which happens here a lot.
All sorted now with 3 numbers to call, well done darren for finding the problem and sorting. (y)

Mine all comes out by email Trev. Always got access to it then.

So basically you called the wrong number and got crap support from a company you dont even have cover with. :ROFLMAO: AIB did tell me they had recently changed to a better breakdown cover, you just have to call the right one. :D

Back