Aib ins breakdown cover

trevskoda

Tried to ph them yesterday when van bust a hose just above Dublin, girl on phone was not to good with english and put me through to a french Rac site, they hung up after 15 mins, tried phoning many times only to go through 10 mins of recorded jiberish and cut of, im for phoning Aib mon morning for either a total refund or part and a rant,
This so called cover is not worth the full of my ass of roasted snow.

Not good Trev. When I dealt with them a few months ago they reckoned they had changed their breakdown to an even better provider.

Tried to ph them yesterday when van bust a hose just above Dublin, girl on phone was not to good with english and put me through to a french Rac site, they hung up after 15 mins, tried phoning many times only to go through 10 mins of recorded jiberish and cut of, im for phoning Aib mon morning for either a total refund or part and a rant,
Let us know what they say...

How did you sort it ?
I used rad weld and all the water i could bottle and my back up loo filling container, many stops on the way home to refill, very few garages down south but lots once i crossed the border back into civiliseation. 😂
hose split.jpg

I had my windscreen replaced last month through AIB, and Auto Windscreens without any issues. What was the problem that you had?
I had to wait 2weeks to get a VW Crafter windscreen fitted. AIB didn’t think this was an issue.

I had my windscreen replaced last month through AIB, and Auto Windscreens without any issues. What was the problem that you had?
Van busted a small water hose to oil cooler, tried ph breakdown, got a girl in france who spoke very bad english, after 20 mins call was cut of, this happened twice, just of the ph today with darren, he requested i send a e mail with all that took place as not good,
So tmo im doing that and will let you know outcome, ps darren was 100% helpfull on the phone, best bit i got home, any non mec would not have.

I had reason to call AIB when in Portugal last year as I hade wrong fueled my van , they were very efficient and I got a breakdown truck within an hour of my call so no complaints there ?

I had to wait 2weeks to get a VW Crafter windscreen fitted. AIB didn’t think this was an issue.
So it was a problem with Auto Windscreens not being able to fit you in for two weeks? That does sound like an issue with the window company. I do understand that if AIB are choosing the supplier of the windows, they should make sure that the suppliers can provide the service within a reasonable time scale.

So it was a problem with Auto Windscreens not being able to fit you in for two weeks? That does sound like an issue with the window company. I do understand that if AIB are choosing the supplier of the windows, they should make sure that the suppliers can provide the service within a reasonable time scale.
I had this problem with my Ducato several years ago.

In that instance Autoglass had limited availability of the special fitters required. It's a two person job to fit a van screen because of its size and weight.

AIB didn’t seem fussed that it was taking so long to get a screen. What made it worse was the fitter that done the screen explained we could have had it done elsewhere and claimed the money back from our insurer. Why didn’t AIB explain this?

On the horn with darren today, very apologetic, but i told hims its not his fault, so after a we talk i now have to send a email with what went wrong.
First thing he was concerned about was the van, was it still down there, nop said i, many fills of water and she is home safe.
So today i went to iveco for replacement hose, not got very old van they said, then offered a small hose with a bend in it to cut and fit,
Big shock £15 for something that would fit in your hand, no thanks, home and found a new skoda estelle hose with a bend, cut back fitted in lashing rain
this morning, all is now well and im relaxing over a mug of coffee, i have never been one to give up and ly down, or spend money 😂

Back