Advice on installing a fridge and electrics in a van

Jill

We are wanting to install a fridge and maybe electric lighting in our van and don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend a good person to talk to or a place to go where you can get advice on what's available and how it works. Thanks.!

A van fitter or a auto spark with camper knowhow, you want the wiring harness installed before you do any other work, usb ports, lights which should be led or able to except usb standard bulbs, smart inverter for home table top fridge, you may require a solar panel if sitting in one place more than a day.
Do the thinking and sort layout before any build or fitting out.

Sorry, should have said - Click on the link and then click on the download button to get the pdf.

im not convinced about the hide all the wiring behind the panelling concept. personally i prefer wiring where i can get at it for repair ,replacement or modification. trunking, mainly though cupboards where its out of sight but accessible works for me.

same here . i usually leave all wiring and gas to the end,more or less , then i can change my mind , move things and get at all the joins .
i also leave a gap between wall and ceiling so i can unscrew a cover strip and get to all the wiring at that level . that and a channel across the floor and it's all sorted

same here . i usually leave all wiring and gas to the end,more or less , then i can change my mind , move things and get at all the joins .
i also leave a gap between wall and ceiling so i can unscrew a cover strip and get to all the wiring at that level . that and a channel across the floor and it's all sorted
Good advice . Recent problem with reversing camera wiring on my van [not a self build] . Wiring completely inaccessible .
I'd have no problem with visible trunking etc . Don't think manufacturers will ever do that .
Another plus for the self builders

I use waste pipe and always add a pull through, for the cable you forgot on the original set up :rolleyes:
I did a wiring installation on a T5 a few years ago and the owner wanted the cables under the floor. I would have preferred along the floor/wall join out the way and servicable, but he wanted under a channel ....
So as a precaution I ran an extra couple of cables "just in case". Lucky I did as we didn't forget a cable BUT .... he screwed through one of them - so had a spare :)

Mine are in tubes 15mm type, most wires are at the front and only lights and loo toilet flush down the van, plus sec battery/fridge, all planed ahead.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back