Advice on installing a fridge and electrics in a van

Talking about running cables to the rear, One handy thing to do instead of running multiple cables for this and for that ... run a chunkier cable (maybe 6mm or 10mm) from the front fusebox to a little rear fusebox. Then if you need an extra circuit, you connect it to the rear fusebox and add an appropriate fuse.
I have a battery cable from the front running under the truck chassis to the rear cupboard for the second battery with a small f box, its all i could do as no space up front.

Talking about running cables to the rear, One handy thing to do instead of running multiple cables for this and for that ... run a chunkier cable (maybe 6mm or 10mm) from the front fusebox to a little rear fusebox. Then if you need an extra circuit, you connect it to the rear fusebox and add an appropriate fuse.
That's exactly what I did in my first self build. Worked well for when something new comes along for the rear.

I still like my 3 way fridges but I think table top domestic fridge + smart inverter with solar panel charging works well in the summer.

I’ve used a Chinese fridge/ freezer for a while now. I’ve used it as a freezer up to now. If any thing happened to the 3 way, I wouldn’t hesitate to replace it with another, although larger Chinese one.
if you want a independent opinion on these, check out Bob Wells on his YouTube channel, CheapRVliving.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back