About Time.

Legislation proposed which is so biased towards official abuses like we have seen with pspos by those like the police

Suspicion is a very loose term grounds for suspicion not much better

Lots of the travelling community use motor homes and not necessarily those acquired by a modest budget so how the police would differentiate starts to grey it simply becomes a non tolerance policy

How the police decide who is going to be anti social leaving waste etc beyond me so you are all banned

This could be good for us. If it's easy to get rid of travellers, height barriers wouldn't be necessary so spaces would remain open to us.

unless we make our views known then we cant grumble if this is made law. i have just filled it in. there is lots of room for personal opinion. i agree with lizzy. i also think there are enough laws on statute for the police and councils to use to get rid of unwanted trespassers without passing yhi onerous "2 vans = a gathering" bit of legal nonsense.....

Has anyone noticed that this proposed legislation would only apply to England and Wales? I doubt if the Travellers would move to Northern Ireland, so that means that Scotland would be their only refuge. Bad news for Scotland and possibly bad for motorhome tourists like us.
Wonder if that's anything to do with Scotland wanting independence?...

Wonder if that's anything to do with Scotland wanting independence?...

Gregg Scotland does not want independence. We voted to remain.
There is a silent majority up here, who don’t wave St. Andrews flags and insist on once in a generation indyrefs every five years.

This could be good for us. If it's easy to get rid of travellers, height barriers wouldn't be necessary so spaces would remain open to us.
I like your optimistic outlook but I think that once it's in place it won't be moved.

I’m sad to see that this has turned into an anti police zone. Yes there can be twats in all professions .
I think sometimes people want their cake and eat it too . Sometimes people don’t understand the reasoning behind certain actions. Such as refusing to give details when police suspected mobile phone offence. I do not doubt you and I have been wrongly accused of similar. But .... the reason for giving your details or face arrest is because otherwise people would commit offences , refuse to give details and so just walk away. Your details are needed to process by way of ticket or summonse. Both of which you can appeal. One bad dealing with a cop doesn’t warrant turning everything into police state rants.
incidently, say someone was on their mobile phone and crashed into you and damaged your van and injured your passengers and the police asked them their details, but they refused.... would you accept it if the cop said to you ‘ oh well, I’ll just have to let them go ‘ ?
I think not.

The reason I refused to provide my details is because the alternative solution, as you rightly infer, was to appear in court to fight my case; that would entail a 400 mile round trip.
I was refusing to provide my details to prevent the officer filling in the paperwork & walking away before I had time to appeal to his better judgement. Unfortunately, like most PC’s, he hated being challenged and would not consider the fact that he would be putting me to unreasonable effort, time & cost to fight a case that he could not win.
As I did not commit the offence, I knew he had zero evidence. I had phone log evidence at the scene & he had a video recording of passing me in his car which would have shown I was not using my phone. Only one of the officers claimed to see the offence, but 2 civilians refuted it.
The officer had the right of roadside discretion but refused to use it & I had the right to challenge him. He then threatened to arrest me, which I accepted in order to have another party involved in the discussion. He was within his rights to do that but I disappointed him by accepting his threat. He then abused his powers by threatening to impound my vehicle too. A wholly unnecessary action aimed only at putting me to great costs which also would have left my partner without her sleeping accommodation or transport to get home.
So think about that – he was happy to put my partner, who had committed no offence (alleged or otherwise) on the street, 200 miles from home, just so he could keep his ego intact.
He should simply have arrested me as originally stated, which would have been reasonable & would have satisfied both our causes.

If you were charged 200 miles from home with an offence you know you did not commit, would you accept the ticket immediately to fight it later at your time & expense 200 miles away from home? Or would you appeal to the officer to reconsider his decision & try explaining to him the difficulty the false charge would cause?

For some brevity I will cut to the conclusion & inform that I did not get charged for the offense.
I then put a complaint in against the officers involved; most of which was upheld.
I then complained about the handling of my complaint; again most of which was upheld.
I therefore know I was treated badly by the police officers involved, including those investigating their mates (sorry, work colleagues) in the supposedly unbiased complaints system they run.

If the senior officers had not treated me unfairly once I had raised my issues with them, I would have a different opinion of the police, but to the very end they tried supporting one another over an unjustified charge.
There is a lot more to this story than I have detailed here but I assure you, to a man & woman the police were unhelpful towards me despite seeing the clear injustice of it all.

There may well be good officers in the force, but the police force as a body is not there for the good of the common man/woman anymore. It looks after itself first, the government second & businesses’ third.

If you don’t believe we are heading towards a police state you should look into how the police behave when supporting bailiffs repossessing houses on behalf of the banks that only exist because we bailed them out without choice.
Look how they deal with our political prisoner Julian Assange, or our war criminal Tony Blair.
Look how they protect Cuadrilla against legitimate protest whilst they pollute our water source with carcinogenic chemicals.

An easy read to get you started into understanding our police force better is “Hack Attack” by Nick Davies:
https://www.bookdepository.com/Hack...572367?ref=grid-view&qid=1573915943109&sr=1-1

Their covering up for friends over their interference in the investigation of the murder of child Milly Dowler should disgust you & open your eyes to the sufferance’s of others who have actually experienced our corrupt police force at first hand.

I think the police no longer deserve the respect they once held. I was amazed to see that a policeman is being charged with murder while on duty this week. Normally any policeman in trouble either gets exonerated or takes their pension. The officer can't be named and has been bailed. No civilian would have these privileges on a crime as serious as that.

I’m sad to see that this has turned into an anti police zone. Yes there can be twats in all professions .
And The police got more than their share. Theres nothing wrong with the law as it stands just needs speeding up thru the courts.

The laws that we have are now out of tune with life as a rule,yes plod has a hard job to do and i take my hat of to them.but when i was young and we had the ulster con it was bad and a police state,new sys now with psni but now there hands are tied and all eyes on them,so in fact many things are against them including old out of date laws which im sure on mainland is the same.it is time for a reboot of the sys as a whole.

My last on this as the thread is not about slagging off the police .
yes some police hrape and murder and abusy kids. So do doctors, school teacher, teachers, wagon drivers, plumbers etc . And let them rot in hell when they do.
the police has changed but I was in the police for almost thirty years and I was corrupt.
I had arrest colleagues at times . I put paedophiles in jail. listened to lies and truth . Performed many many roles over the years but corrupt I was not. I sometimes got stuff wrong but Did admit that. But to talk like this about all officers makes me sick.
you don’t mention these corrupt officers facing knives and guns to save you !!! No .... that makes me so saddened.
we stand or have stood in the face of absolute danger . Shame on you .
My comments questioned why a police officer should have privileges over and above those permitted to the rest of us. Why should police officers involved in an incident be allowed to compare notes to get their story to match. Why is the policeman being tried for murder allowed out on bail when the crime always means remand. I'm not having a go at the individuals I'm having a go at a corrupt system where it pays to protect your mates however wrong they are.

SO .... The UK may bring in a new Law on Trespass. Similar to the Law that has been in force in Ireland for a number of years and the same Law that resulted in Irish Travellers moving over to the British Isles. For some bizarre reason, the British are a Right Wing Police State for thinking of implementing the same Law in Ireland. That would mean the Irish have a Right Wing Police State too ... wouldn't it?

This thread proves one thing. Some motorhomers talk a right old load of shite. :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back