A word of Warning Weston Super Mare

Do Not Park in council parks with Motorhome/Camper You wil get ticket even with blue badge .I have now learnt this OUCH!!!!
Why are you not allowed to park in their car parks withe a motor caravan ?
Or is it just overnight ?

Last edited:
Annie put a letter on here some time ago about someone winning due to there being no government ruling against motorcaravans or something like that

Here they are I screen shot them for future reference should I ever be in this situation

IMG_0285.png
IMG_0284.png

Here they are I screen shot them for future reference should I ever be in this situation

View attachment 123348View attachment 123349
Not sure this covers carparks it’s more to do with these roadside parking signs and that councils cannot add and single out a vehicle without the proper authority aTSRGD which most councils don’t have, but always worth challenging but check councils website first as some councils have the TSRGD.

It’s the same at Great Yarmouth. No motorhomes allowed in the car parks. You will get a ticket.

So presumably large vehicles motorhome sized are permitted in all these car parking spaces and areas mentioned, but not a vehicle on 4 wheels that has a fridge, oven and a bed.

Isn’t this some sort of vehicle discrimination after all its presumably a public highway and we all pay road fund tax.

Motorhomes are 'MOTORCARS' in law and anything that bans them is discriminatory in these days of diversity and inclusion there is a way to argue back, perhaps a multicolored LGBTQ etc. flag would make them think about actually posting a hate notice on the van but encourage the real hater to attack it.

Isn’t this some sort of vehicle discrimination after all its presumably a public highway and we all pay road fund tax.
We haven't paid "Road Fund Tax" for over 40 years. It is nothing to do with roads and it doesn't give you any rights to any aspects of road use, apart from having paid the emissions tax to be able to use the roads.

Do Not Park in council parks with Motorhome/Camper You wil get ticket even with blue badge .I have now learnt this OUCH!!!!
There must have been a sign of some kind in the carpark. Whether it’s a legal sign or not is a different matter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back