A Toilet thread👍

No ithink it should have been external or internal screen debate next and then the poo thread.

Nah ... once you start screening posts people don't come back to the forum, but if anyone needs a volunteer for breast screening I'm available.

p.s. Females only.

Last edited:
My comments apply specifically to the sunnier side of Euro land, I haven't m/homed in the UK for donks.

But this issue is one of the reasons I carry a mbike. As 'wild' places have got more crowded or restricted, choice of wilding sites with nearby facilities has gone down the swanny commensurately also. The top box can carry a cassette and I go any distance to empty the thing in a quiet public toilet or a liftable sanemiento. I always dispose of my rubbish well away from where I'm camped
up.
Burying 15L of sewage on crowded beach sites or chucking it in the sea has helped the complainers case in towns such as Aguilas, The beach rubbish skips were getting filled within the 3/4 days I was in the vicinity and then lazy sods just kept piling rubbish around them, waiting for a feral mutt or the wind to spread it everywhere.

Last edited:
Loo Disposal

We have only had our Hymner for 18 months and so far only used it in the UK. We like our loo and our shower and we can comfortably go three to four days off grid. We use green loo stuff and empty it in public toilets unless there is a notice to say we can't. We drop grey water in to a quiet verge - usually a layby. We never drop grey water where we park. We do not produce much rubbish at all but dump a carrier bag of this in public bins about once a week. We came to motorhoming after years of boating. Boats empty their grey water straight into the canal or river as they have no holding tanks. Since we are boaters we carry out C&RT (used to be called British Waterways) key with us which unlocks their santiary stations which are good for free loo dumps. After about 100 days around UK on mainly Britstops and car parks the biggest problem has been fresh water. Bertie holds 100lts of fresh water and that will do us for 4 days if we are careful and don't shower too much.

I have worked out there are over 100 million holes in this country that we can all use without digging, RABBITS always have at least three holes, Why carry a spade when nature does it for you! oh then theres foxes and badgers before i start on pot holes the council havent filled in. Andy
Poor Rabbit! how would you like a **** shower pouring in your front doorway.

Poor Rabbit! how would you like a **** shower pouring in your front doorway.

Considering the fact that they recycle their own poo at least once then I doubt they'd be too bothered ... but please let me know where you do it ... I eat rabbit when I can get one!

In fairness....
some buy vans with hot and cold running everything and then park them in bloody supermarket car parks etc....

Nowt as funny as folk I guess....

....And some buy mh/campers with all the home comforts....and then spend most of their time parked on campsites, as you say, nowt as queer as folk.
I prefer OH pi**ing in his bucket, he doesn't splash as much as when using the loo. :rolleyes2:;)

....And some buy mh/campers with all the home comforts....and then spend most of their time parked on campsites, as you say, nowt as queer as folk.
I prefer OH pi**ing in his bucket, he doesn't splash as much as when using the loo. :rolleyes2:;)

No splash in the great outdoors ......

That said in the furthest corner of a Nameless scottish Isle ....Headed off to a even further away deserted corner with the official spade ....

Find suitable spot with soft ground to be able to excavate a depository of adequate depth,
Excavation works complete and busy with job at hand looking over a stunning vista of unspoilt millpond calm sea with the distant mountains as a back drop .....all could not have been more 'perfect'

right up Until the little fishing boat hove into view steadily around the promontory ....followed by a slightly awkward exchange of early morning pleasantries .

I have worked out there are over 100 million holes in this country that we can all use without digging, RABBITS always have at least three holes, Why carry a spade when nature does it for you! oh then theres foxes and badgers before i start on pot holes the council havent filled in. Andy

Rabbits have three holes,well i never you learn something new every day.

TBH I don't get all hung up about it. I try and use loos when i'm out and about but if I have to use the van loo then fair do that''s what it''s for. I have no problem peeing at the back of a tree... Shewee - the original female urinating device is a useful wee (pun intended) contraption for women.

The thing I find oddest is people''s preoccupation with tellies... people keep telling me we need one... my dad even tried to buy me one... that defeats my point of wildcamping.

No splash in the great outdoors ......

That said in the furthest corner of a Nameless scottish Isle ....Headed off to a even further away deserted corner with the official spade ....

Find suitable spot with soft ground to be able to excavate a depository of adequate depth,
Excavation works complete and busy with job at hand looking over a stunning vista of unspoilt millpond calm sea with the distant mountains as a back drop .....all could not have been more 'perfect'

right up Until the little fishing boat hove into view steadily around the promontory ....followed by a slightly awkward exchange of early morning pleasantries .

Similar story ... Ardnamuchan Peninsula for me ... Parked well off-road and sheltered from view from just from each side and behind ... Kampa Kazi outside beside the van, nobody in sight for miles, droppum breeches and squat upon plastic bag lined loo, ahhh blisss (there's definitely something nice about having a dump in the great outdoors) chugga chugga chugga ... an effing big fishing boat comes sauntering along a few yards offshore ... erm, breeches pulled up past my knees and lean back against the side of the van trying desperately to look as if I'm casually sitting in the sunshine!

Fortunately, my body is wider than the Kampz Kazi so it wouldn't have been seen that the lid was up, but I forgot to hide the loo roll sitting on the doorstep, typical.

TBH I don't get all hung up about it. I try and use loos when i'm out and about but if I have to use the van loo then fair do that''s what it''s for. I have no problem peeing at the back of a tree... Shewee - the original female urinating device is a useful wee (pun intended) contraption for women.

The thing I find oddest is people''s preoccupation with tellies... people keep telling me we need one... my dad even tried to buy me one... that defeats my point of wildcamping.

I always keep a BIG Comfort fabric conditioner bottle in the van for night time, or emergency daytime use when the nearest tree isn't available. I like the Comfort bottle because of it's extremely wide neck ... I reckon the female of our species could easily use it too ... The label on the bottle has been carefully trimmed to simply read COMFORT and indeed it has been many times.

But DITTO on the tv thing ... I find it amazing that people drive their BIG fancy MH's for miles and miles up to the Scottish Highlands to sit and watch telly.

Similar story ... Ardnamuchan Peninsula for me ... Parked well off-road and sheltered from view from just from each side and behind ... Kampa Kazi outside beside the van, nobody in sight for miles, droppum breeches and squat upon plastic bag lined loo, ahhh blisss (there's definitely something nice about having a dump in the great outdoors) chugga chugga chugga ... an effing big fishing boat comes sauntering along a few yards offshore ... erm, breeches pulled up past my knees and lean back against the side of the van trying desperately to look as if I'm casually sitting in the sunshine!

Fortunately, my body is wider than the Kampz Kazi so it wouldn't have been seen that the lid was up, but I forgot to hide the loo roll sitting on the doorstep, typical.

Glad it's not just me then.....

Though speaking of defecating in the great outdoors....
Extra early departure one morning to explore a long abandoned deep underground lead mine in North Wales...
on arrival realised I'd missed my usual 'Apoointment' and thus needed to make like a bear......
A distinct lack of toilet roll deep in the forest (I blame the local council) had me reaching for a handful of moist sphagnum moss......

Now IF any of the toilet roll companies have missed a opportunity...... sphagnum moss IS it....

We purchased a spare cassette, but after two long tours using aires and wilding in France, Spain and Portugal, we have never yet needed to use it.

We're your legs crossed tight,two long yours,Aires n wilding and never used it ,ouch agh,👍

Glad it's not just me then.....

Though speaking of defecating in the great outdoors....
Extra early departure one morning to explore a long abandoned deep underground lead mine in North Wales...
on arrival realised I'd missed my usual 'Apoointment' and thus needed to make like a bear......
A distinct lack of toilet roll deep in the forest (I blame the local council) had me reaching for a handful of moist sphagnum moss......

Now IF any of the toilet roll companies have missed a opportunity...... sphagnum moss IS it....

Been there and used a wide ... VERY wide variety of leaves, twigs and grasses ... and on a couple of occasions the only thing available was my hanky ... discreetly buried with it's contents ... which reminds me, I better be buying some more hankies!

All I can say is I didn't pay what was a lot of money to me to pee in bucket, I have a toilet and use it, and if I have to pay every so often to empty it then so be it, and yes I use the shower as well, but don't have a TV, and I have the heating on all night.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back