A Toilet threadđź‘Ť

Nigel L

Ok, am interested what people do about disposing of the contents of their cassettes, whilst wild camping.
If we are careful, and use toilets during the day whilst out etc, we can go approx three days before we need to find a chemical disposal point. Not normally a problem, as although the we like to Wildcamp, we normally end up on a site of some description where we can empty the cassette after 2 or 3 days.
So, the people that Wildcamp for long periods of time, where there isn't a disposal point close by, what do you do??
Is it worth getting a second cassette? ie, could then go for approx 6 days before having to find a disposal point.
Once a cassette is full, would it be advisable to say transport it in the garage whilst the 2nd one is being filled?
Interested on your thoughts, as setting off on a 4 week adventure in a few weeks time, and don't really want to be restricted on having to move on earlier than we need to to find a disposal point.
Thanks.

About three days is about right.
I have a spare in the garage but never needed to use it yet.
If you move around you will always find a disposal point.

How many of you are there? 3 days? We easily do 6/7 days, and if he uses a bucket for a pee, then even a bit longer.

I just plan my trip by wilding 3/4 days then use a site for a night or 2. It's nice to have a proper shower and ehu if required.
At times I use the C&CC motorhome stopover facility if there is a club site nearby, it's usually ÂŁ7.00 ish and I fill up, empty waste and have a shower.
Fortunately or some would say sadly I travel most often of the time on my own so can easily manage 3/4 days wilding as I always carry plenty of water as I cannot manage within it my daily shower. My loo waste tank in my pvc is approx 18 litres, the same as I had in my c class so plenty of capacity.

How many of you are there? 3 days? We easily do 6/7 days, and if he uses a bucket for a pee, then even a bit longer.

I thought he just hung it out of the window :banana::banana::banana::banana:

When out there we carry a folding spade and if we are getting into the red zone, I dig a hole, albeit a rather largish one, and dump the contents into it an refill. Being a bloke, after dark the front wheel is always a handy lav.

Ok, am interested what people do about disposing of the contents of their cassettes, whilst wild camping.
If we are careful, and use toilets during the day whilst out etc, we can go approx three days before we need to find a chemical disposal point. <snip>

With a SOG unit you don't require chemicals, increasing your options for disposal.

the most important thing is, although the cassette needs a small amount of liquid to work, try to pee in a bucket or outside when poss. also, if you're in the right environment, take a shovel and poo outside as well. any washing, clothes or body, can be done in streams and lakes etc. cassettes can be emptied in public loos or the contents buried off track in the wilds .we never had to use campsites .

the most important thing is, although the cassette needs a small amount of liquid to work, try to pee in a bucket or outside when poss. also, if you're in the right environment, take a shovel and poo outside as well. any washing, clothes or body, can be done in streams and lakes etc. cassettes can be emptied in public loos or the contents buried off track in the wilds .we never had to use campsites .

I avoid it by not having a toilet! I took mine out of my campervan and reclaimed the space. All those chemicals seemed like a bit of a faff to me so I have a little spade... and various other tricks, to cleanly dispose of waste. Sometimes dog poo bins can be useful to those without a dog.

I avoid it by not having a toilet! I took mine out of my campervan and reclaimed the space. All those chemicals seemed like a bit of a faff to me so I have a little spade... and various other tricks, to cleanly dispose of waste. Sometimes dog poo bins can be useful to those without a dog.

Nail on the head.....
the Norwegian army bio bags are ace.... biodegradable/flushable/disposable in a bin... along with a convenient bush/tree/public loos/cafe/supermarket/spade spot etc means minimum environmental impact.

Nail on the head.....
the Norwegian army bio bags are ace.... biodegradable/flushable/disposable in a bin... along with a convenient bush/tree/public loos/cafe/supermarket/spade spot etc means minimum environmental impact.

I use one of these when I am in the canoe. (Well obviously not IN the canoe, but when camped overnight!!);

Popaloo-Portable Camping Toilet | Portable Camping Toilets | Popaloo

It packs down nice and flat and takes up no room in the boat, as does the tent that goes with it. The bags work out very expensive though, do you reckon the Norwegian ones would be compatible with this?

You can sit on a bucket, He can do it against a tree. Lasts even longer then. Dump bucket in the van loo.
I have a second cassette and try and dump in public loos if nothing else around. I do not use the evil fluids.

The 'full' warning light has only ever come on once.When we see a dump point I empty the cassette even if it isnt completely full.
Rod

You can sit on a bucket, He can do it against a tree. Lasts even longer then. Dump bucket in the van loo.
I have a second cassette and try and dump in public loos if nothing else around. I do not use the evil fluids.
Have used bucket too when needed, but do prefer the luxury of a loo. :cool1: and he does go outside too we also never use chemicals, just bio liquid/tablets but imo doesn't make much difference, it breaks down just as well without. I do strike a match in the loo, which gets rid of most smells.

Give me strength lol !
Digging holes and burying cassette contents, shi@@ing in holes, using dog poo bags, pi@@ing in buckets !
If I had to resort to any of the above I wouldn't bother, back in the dark ages comes to mind.
Finally why anyone would have a motorhome or pvc and not have a loo of some sorts beggars belief imho.

Tin hat fitted waiting for the flack !

Give me strength lol !
Digging holes and burying cassette contents, shi@@ing in holes, using dog poo bags, pi@@ing in buckets !
If I had to resort to any of the above I wouldn't bother, back in the dark ages comes to mind.
Finally why anyone would have a motorhome or pvc and not have a loo of some sorts beggars belief imho.

No tin hat needed....
just horses for courses.... bit like hook up/sat dish/parking in car parks etc I guess.

Give me strength lol !

Haha, no flack from me - I understand where you're coming from - wild pooing isn't for everyone! lol :)

Give me strength lol !

Spot on . Most of us buy vans with showers and lavs but some then seem to spend an inordinate amount of energy trying to work out how not to use them . Surprised they are actually able to 'go' anywhere , especially a hole in the ground at the back of a tree [well it wouldn't be the front would it ?]

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back