90 day fine

rugbyken

i suppose i should precede this with a warning that it’s a copy of a thread on another forum not someone i know & can verify
082B0267-DC68-48E6-91B7-43A12F285FC6.png

I thought if you were with someone who had a EU passort it covered you too, or have I misread it?

I thought if you were with someone who had a EU passort it covered you too, or have I misread it?
I asked them the question. Both had uk passports and one had a eu residency card... they are married.
One person in a marriage needs a EU passport to avoid the 90 day ruling.
Edit ..I think I'd better clarify , a eu passport gives the right to travel in the eu, a married partner gets the same rights as long as they travel together or travel to meet in a eu destination ( taking paperwork with you save a lot of explaining)

Last edited:
Needs some detective work I think. English sounds like it's a second language. Very Nigerian scammer to me 🤔

Fine seems low also. Reading up on this a few years ago fines were generally £800-£1200.

What’s not been highlighted so far is when you are fined you are also deported. And deportation may lead to problems when trying to return, even without a ban.
Also once deported from the EU this could affect entry to non EU countries in future.
This is an extract from the link below.

• Difficulties in returning to the Schengen – Almost every deported person will face difficulties to travel back to the Schengen Area. They will face prolonged border checks upon entry, and may even be turned back or banned from entering for a certain period.

What’s not been highlighted so far is when you are fined you are also deported. And deportation may lead to problems when trying to return, even without a ban.
Also once deported from the EU this could affect entry to non EU countries in future.
This is an extract from the link below.

• Difficulties in returning to the Schengen – Almost every deported person will face difficulties to travel back to the Schengen Area. They will face prolonged border checks upon entry, and may even be turned back or banned from entering for a certain period.
I think Deportation stays on your records for quite a while.
My sister was kind of deported from the USA one time. I say "kind of" as she might not have even made it to US land as she landed at the airport and was refused admission as she only had a one-way ticket as didn't know how long her holiday would be. Had to get the next flight home without even getting past passport control!
My Brother was properly deported from Germany one time. Can't recall why. Probably a bit harsh as he was actually born in Germany :)

We with a wee bit of help from some American chappies won the war, however we resented the fact that despite doing that, they (insert nations of choice) weren't eternally grateful/apologetic/grovelling etc. and instead those dastardly foreign chappies decided to club together and create a super state members club to hopefully significantly improve their collective lot.

We asked to join and initially it was a bed of thorns/roses but like all members clubs one has to conform to certain rules, and as usual the biggest kid in the playground tends to set those rules, we were no longer the biggest kids in the playground and resented having to abide by others rules.

Slowly the resentment grew until one day a certain berk of a PM decided to gamble political and personal gain on a promise of a referendum.

I don't think in a million years did they expect the vote to go the 'wrong way' but it did, fed by masses of hysterical missinformation, a superb project fear campaign and swung by old people who won the war and didn't like to see all these foreign chappies all over the place (if you believe the press on that one).

End result we as a nation have lost out big time in relation to freedom of travel we can't even go and live in or even visit long term the countries our relatives gave so much to save.

So in summary we got into this shambles because of our values and beliefs as a nation, so as a nation we must remain proud of that decision despite the short term consequences and who knows, long after I am dead and gone, history may even show it was a good decision in the long term.........

Phew, I thought for a minute you were going to get political then!

We with a wee bit of help from some American chappies won the war, however we resented the fact that despite doing that, they (insert nations of choice) weren't eternally grateful/apologetic/grovelling etc. and instead those dastardly foreign chappies decided to club together and create a super state members club to hopefully significantly improve their collective lot.

We asked to join and initially it was a bed of thorns/roses but like all members clubs one has to conform to certain rules, and as usual the biggest kid in the playground tends to set those rules, we were no longer the biggest kids in the playground and resented having to abide by others rules.

Slowly the resentment grew until one day a certain berk of a PM decided to gamble political and personal gain on a promise of a referendum.

I don't think in a million years did they expect the vote to go the 'wrong way' but it did, fed by masses of hysterical missinformation, a superb project fear campaign and swung by old people who won the war and didn't like to see all these foreign chappies all over the place (if you believe the press on that one).

End result we as a nation have lost out big time in relation to freedom of travel we can't even go and live in or even visit long term the countries our relatives gave so much to save.

So in summary we got into this shambles because of our values and beliefs as a nation, so as a nation we must remain proud of that decision despite the short term consequences and who knows, long after I am dead and gone, history may even show it was a good decision in the long term.........
I think you answered my question :)

This was the bit which I thought ironic Bill;

...but like all members clubs one has to conform to certain rules, and as usual the biggest kid in the playground tends to set those rules, we were no longer the biggest kids in the playground and resented having to abide by others rules.

This was the bit which I thought ironic Bill;

...but like all members clubs one has to conform to certain rules, and as usual the biggest kid in the playground tends to set those rules, we were no longer the biggest kids in the playground and resented having to abide by others rules.
I don't want to get all political on you Rob.;)
But I don't agree with that summation, unless it was meant to be ironic.
Which I suspect it was.

Anyway watched Life of Brian yesterday for the first time in years.

'What did the EU ever do for us' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If you are married to a person who has the Right to unlimited travel in the Schenegen area then as partner you have no full legal rights beyond the 90 days.
BUT
The guidance to border guards details have specific examples of your been allowed 90 days in any one country in 180 days, so 90 in say Portugal and then 90 in Spain is detailed as allowed.
The Schenegen rules have NOT been changed only the Guidance to Border Guards.
This is the answer I received from " Visit Europe " after asking for clarification of the rules.
They advised keeping documents to show that you travelled together.

I don't want to get all political on you Rob.;)
But I don't agree with that summation, unless it was meant to be ironic.
Which I suspect it was.

Anyway watched Life of Brian yesterday for the first time in years.

'What did the EU ever do for us' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Certainly thought it was ironic Bill, in terms of forum rules and political posts!

Certainly thought it was ironic Bill, in terms of forum rules and political posts!
Ironically I think it was a very clever post Rob.:)

As for forum rules, well I certainly did not vote for them, but I may have changed my mind.
Phil may well have been correct.:(

I like debate Rob, not to win, but to debate and hopefully learn.
I don't see it as a competition.
But let's be honest there's still political debate going on.
It's just a bit more subtle now.

Ironically I think it was a very clever post Rob.:)

As for forum rules, well I certainly did not vote for them, but I may have changed my mind.
Phil may well have been correct.:(

I like debate Rob, not to win, but to debate and hopefully learn.
I don't see it as a competition.
But let's be honest there's still political debate going on.
It's just a bit more subtle now.

It never went away Bill, as you say a bit more subtle with a quick disclaimer afterwards!

Each adult in the United Kingdom has a right to vote. Each person in the United Kingdom has the right to choose how they vote. To suggest that people voted wrongly, irrespective of wether in an election or a referendum is rather condescending in my opinion.
Democracy in the United Kingdom is nearly dead. I believe that people’s inability to accept decisions in many walks of life without fighting, whinging and attempting to undermine governance is going to end badly for this country.
My position is, I didn’t vote in the referendum as I was abroad. The MP in my constituency is from a party which refuses to take its seats. My regional assembly has hardly sat for the last 5 years, so it’s not as if I should have much respect for democracy, but it is all we have.

Davy
I apologise for asking the question, it was merely a rhetorical question, I was not expecting a reply.
When I posted it was purely out of frustration at the situation for those who want to stay more than 90 days.
As much as I am not pleased with the result of the referendum, nobody was right or wrong, we all voted for what we thought was correct at the time.
I reckon its very important to try our level best to avoid politics on here, and I fully appreciate that is not easy, and with that in mind I also apologise to anyone who reckoned I started this debate with my question, I honestly did not intend that. I did like Thistles post, because I thought it was funny, and well constructed. But on reflection I have decided that was wrong. Therefore I will remove it.

I honestly hope that I am proven wrong on this subject, because I love my country the UK, I reckon the vast majority of us do regardless of how we voted.

Last edited:
I have removed my post also. We have obviously drifted off topic quite substantially and are in danger of getting involved in the swamp that is British politics. The original post has possibly lots of relevance to a practical problem of overstay and I would not like to see the thread removed.
I will keep my post in the bottom drawer for another time when we push the envelope.!

Davy

I have removed my post also. We have obviously drifted off topic quite substantially and are in danger of getting involved in the swamp that is British politics. The original post has possibly lots of relevance to a practical problem of overstay and I would not like to see the thread removed.
I will keep my post in the bottom drawer for another time when we push the envelope.!

Davy
Davy I did not remove my post, I removed my like of Thistles post. But if you wish I will report my own post to Phil, no problem whatsoever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back