2nd jab

An after that it'll be a annual jab same time as the flue jab
Stopped the flue jab at 16 as it near killed me and i missed the last school trip, cov jab has left me all fuzzy headed and not to well, I think down the line we should find out more about it.
fozzie.png

Arrived home today and still no 2nd jab letter. I’m lucky in that I found the web site to check and now know that I have a date in June 3 days before my 12 weeks from first jab is up. At the weekend half the appointments at the SECC in Glasgow were missed because letters never reached their recipients. Susie seems unlikely now to achieve 2nd jab after 12 weeks as even online she has no appointment. I was already 6 weeks behind most places getting my first jab, as was Susie. Hope that this shambles will one day be examined.

If it is not too far to travel, just turn up at a centre late in the day. I am sure they will jab the two of you there and then. This is because a number of people will not have turned up for their appointments.

If it is not too far to travel, just turn up at a centre late in the day. I am sure they will jab the two of you there and then. This is because a number of people will not have turned up for their appointments.

We’d definitely do that, but no chance here. When I got my first jab Susie, who is one cohort behind, came along with that in mind but it was a case of no letter no jab.

Got text last Mon saying we could book an earlier appointment for 2nd jab, we both used same contact number, hubby was due Thursday anyway so gather it was for me as mine wasn’t due til 2nd June, he rang 119 and eventually got through to be told they could only check for an earlier appointment if I cancelled the one I had, when asked they also stated that I could end up with a later one! Obviously didn’t bother. When hubby went for his, he was just explaining to them when the manager said to just go in on Sat morn when it’s quieter and they’d give me it. Sat morning, in and out in less than 5 mins, people on the system with appointments taking longer. 😁

yes works in Spain friends of ours turned up with one appointment between them, asked if they could both be vaccinated ,which happened no problem.

Mine is booked for the 4th June but friends in England who are younger than me, have been able to get theirs already.

Our vaccines are notified by mobile phone text message, and guess what text my phone completely locked up on, yes the vaccine appointment, that phone got returned to the shop !

Someone decided one of the major vaccine hubs near us would change to a 'walk in' service, possibly due to being close to the 3rd worse area for new variant.
To achieve this all bookings where cancelled! Gf's brother should have had second AV jab yesterday but they only had Phizer, she tried to take him first thing this morning, grid locked roads, one poor nurse was at entrance to site having to tell people there was a three hour wait!
They just been back, and fortunately only had a short wait.

Just had first jab...told to cancel my second which was automatically booked for August, and rebook it on website or phone 119 for eight weeks instead of twelve. Website only gives five days in advance, and 119 keep cutting me off just as I work my way through to "speak to someone"....happened three times now. But at least we have started on safer road!

This seems a good idea and makes sense.
out of interest, I don't know how common it is but "my" local hub do the Pfizer jab at the start of the day and switch to the Astra-Zeneca one near the end of the day to avoid having left over doses without any arms to stick them into (AZ having a greater shelf life once opened I think?).
If this approach is common, depending what you had first time round might have to drop by at different times of the day to get a chance?

Had second this afternoon, both AZ, only difference was being asked to wait 10 minutes before driving, forgot to ask how we move forward from here with regards to top ups/boosters. Small church hall not busy last time, little bit busier this time because of 10 minute wait I guess. As of tomorrow they will be giving both Az and Phizer bassed on age. I did ask if it was to do with the possibility of side effects of AZ in younger people and the answer was yes.
No physical response yet and I doubt there will be one judging from other reports of jab2, I was given a little sticker stating I've had my covid vaccination and my official record of proof (NHS business card thing) was updated :)
Hopefully we can keep on top of this and adjust the vaccine if necessary for any variants for an annual top up.

Just had first jab...told to cancel my second which was automatically booked for August, and rebook it on website or phone 119 for eight weeks instead of twelve. Website only gives five days in advance, and 119 keep cutting me off just as I work my way through to "speak to someone"....happened three times now. But at least we have started on safer road!
Monday had the 'email alert' from local council about the new 'walk in' service, and how two of local hubs where now doing this.
Here's the joke, apparently it's "Now much easier to get vaccination, and those having cancellation can book online and get second dose earlier". Well two people I know had the cancelation SMS two days before appointment, and when they tried to book online the earliest was couple of weeks later, and GF got her brothers SMS cancelation two hours before appointment! So it's no wonder that there are big queues as hundreds of people are trying to get their jab on time, let alone early.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back