2nd jab

Finally got my letter for the second jab. Just 8 weeks later than it would have been in Lancashire. Sadly local levels are rising daily due to the tardy vaccine rollout, 77 per hundred thousand today.

How long is that between jabs Bill?

Good for you, not sure of the evidence about 12 weeks being maximum between jabs and being most beneficial.

That is partly the reason that we are so far behind other parts of the UK. Other reasons are that some areas have received vaccines that should have been used elsewhere. For example all adults over 18 have been offered jabs in the Western Isles. It’s very sad that there are now rapidly rising levels in other parts of Scotland.

All adults over 18 now getting the job here in Wales plus from yesterday, there are 'walk in' centres in some places so they don't even have to book...just turn up!

The second jab being brought forward in England to 8 weeks hasn't hit our part of Wales. As I had my first one in a Dr's surgery and I suspect that they are at full chat anyway so can't really bring forward 2nd jab dates, so I've another week to wait until mine. I have friends younger than me in England who have already had their 2nd jabs.

Vaccinations

People vaccinated in Northern Ireland​

Up to and including 26 May 2021
All vaccination data
Daily — 1st dose
Total — 1st dose
Daily — 2nd dose
Total — 2nd dose
Percentage of adult population
71.2%
1st dose
44.0%
2nd dose
Chart displaying the percentage of adult population vaccinated in Northern Ireland

Many of the so called Irish think its a British thing with a chip in it to spy on them, so will never take it, the fig shown are for the british sector here.

Yesterday on a local FB group we saw that local walk in vaccinations were to be made available in Greater Glasgow health board area for first jab for over 40s or second Astra Zeneca jabs for those who had been waiting for over 10 weeks from first jab. We decided to give it a try and turned up at 10.30. Lucky that we rechecked the location this morning as it had changed from what was published last night. Queued in the sunshine and both had the jab (administered on an Oxford Tube bus) by 12.00. By this time there was a 3 hour wait, but for those keen for vaccination worth it. Website for availability here, Link

Funny world isn’t it, reading on here you’d think some have been injected with Satan spawn, but I know of no one that has had side affects bar a very slightly sore arm.
Even my sons and their wives in their 30’s have had their first doses with no ill effects too.

Funny world isn’t it, reading on here you’d think some have been injected with Satan spawn, but I know of no one that has had side affects bar a very slightly sore arm.
Even my sons and their wives in their 30’s have had their first doses with no ill effects too.
I've had no side effects whatsoever, same for a friend, gf and her family have all had tiredness, headaches, and in gf's case, nose bleeds after both jabs.

Monday had the 'email alert' from local council about the new 'walk in' service, and how two of local hubs where now doing this.
Here's the joke, apparently it's "Now much easier to get vaccination, and those having cancellation can book online and get second dose earlier". Well two people I know had the cancelation SMS two days before appointment, and when they tried to book online the earliest was couple of weeks later, and GF got her brothers SMS cancelation two hours before appointment! So it's no wonder that there are big queues as hundreds of people are trying to get their jab on time, let alone early.
Speaking to a friend, he hadn't heard all the appointments had been cancelled and went yesterday to get his jab.
They had run out of vaccine and only told him to rebook a appointment!

Come to Barnard Castle if you are struggling to get jabbed! I had my second one there (55) a week and a half ago and there was only me there in the little hospital and about twenty doctors and nurses. I felt like a VIP. Well I suppose I am a Rock Star so maybe they just booked me in that day. Should have asked for a Limo. :ROFLMAO:

They have done very well here. Nearly 100% take up and well into the under 40s now. No covid here touch wood for months now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back