2nd jab

We’re still waiting for appointment letters, the only way to get it here. Most locally seem to have got it in just under 12 weeks, but some have gone well over.
In Lanarkshire we can logon to the appointment website to check bookings well in advance of the letter. You can also change appointments through that. The log on details were given on the letter for the first appointment. Friends have, like me, getting 2nd jabs at about 10 weeks in at least 4 other counties in Scotland.

Mrs GMJ had hers on the 24/04 but I have to wait until the 04/06 for mine... the day we go away for 26 nights down to Cornwall and Devon so I hope I don't get a bad reaction to it!

In Lanarkshire we can logon to the appointment website to check bookings well in advance of the letter. You can also change appointments through that. The log on details were given on the letter for the first appointment. Friends have, like me, getting 2nd jabs at about 10 weeks in at least 4 other counties in Scotland.
Yes system seems very flexible . Friends [and myself] have changed venues and dates with a quick phone call . First I've heard of anyone getting second jab beyond 12 weeks was on here . Would certainly be asking questions of my local health authority if this was happening

An explanation today of what had caused one person we know to exceed the 12 weeks for the second jab. It turned out there was no record of the first jab being done. They were told that this has happened in many cases due to poor wifi affecting the ipad that details are entered on. They were immediately given the second dose.

An explanation today of what had caused one person we know to exceed the 12 weeks for the second jab. It turned out there was no record of the first jab being done. They were told that this has happened in many cases due to poor wifi affecting the ipad that details are entered on. They were immediately given the second dose.
You'd think they would make sure WiFi was decent
Rectum rocket required

3 weeks to go till my 12 weeks is up and still no letter. Im in the under 65s with conditions so would have been done some time ago in most places. Seems difficult to do anything though. Link
i phoned the nearest vac centre and asked for the second one .they were very accommodating

Couple of people I know have had text messages asking if they want to rebook 2nd jab for a earlier date, living just a short distance from the 2nd highest infected rate for Indian variant it must be tempting.

Booked our vaccines for first day out of isolation. Second are for August but will try and bring them forward...
Thanks Ruth useful to read..We are similar..have to book when we are back in UK (hopefully)
Again will try to book whilst in isolation to get ASAP after !
PS Thailand trying to ramp up vaccinations but hampered by not buying in soon enough
They are also prioritising certain areas (rightly so)
I hope James and his family get sorted.
Sinovac the likely vaccine for most (for now)

3 weeks to go till my 12 weeks is up and still no letter. Im in the under 65s with conditions so would have been done some time ago in most places. Seems difficult to do anything though. Link

Sound like they are having major problems Bill.
Hope they get their systems sorted. Systems? More like 'what systems?' by the sound of it!

All a bit worrying, especially as there are Indian variants spreading quite rapidly. :(

• Thank You
Reactions: 2cv
i phoned the nearest vac centre and asked for the second one .they were very accommodating

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that here. Until the 2nd vaccination is in the system the help line cannot do anything. We are both awaiting letters and hopefully will be within the twelve weeks of the first one. This article suggests that it’s ok to go over 12 weeks, but nevertheless with local rates rising and the jab available to anyone 8 weeks after the first if over 50 in most places it would be best if it could be done asap. Link

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that here. Until the 2nd vaccination is in the system the help line cannot do anything. We are both awaiting letters and hopefully will be within the twelve weeks of the first one. This article suggests that it’s ok to go over 12 weeks, but nevertheless with local rates rising and the jab available to anyone 8 weeks after the first if over 50 in most places it would be best if it could be done asap. Link

That link is not working, Bill?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back