£33,000 stolen from MoHo

I had a friend who did a lot of (a very lot) of dodgy software CDs he spent a lot of it on motorcycles and lavish holidays, and then one day there were armed police knocking on the door, they thought it was part of a large criminal gang but he just had access to a lot of Philips CD duplicating machines so sold most but kept a couple, he was lucky to not get a custodial sentence.

Many here hide it over the border in irish banks which do not declare to the british tax man, maybe changed these days but it was that way with farmers etc when i was young. ;)

No one enjoys paying tax especially when it’s obvious to everyone that we have a corrupt government who are intent on keeping the masses poor whilst enriching themselves and their cronies. When I lived in France I had conversations about tax etc and my neighbour was actually pleased to pay tax for the good of everyone, sadly it’s not a sentiment shared by the British because it’s blatantly unfair that wealthy people avoid paying their fair share while working classes have to hide it in a motorhome (allegedly).

i once watched a bloke stuffing the door voids on his volvo estate with 80 grand ,said it was for a place in Spain . when he was finished , he opened the rear hatch , the panel fell off and about 20 grand fell out ,was caught by the wind and blew all over the field .

Many here hide it over the border in irish banks which do not declare to the british tax man, maybe changed these days but it was that way with farmers etc when i was young. ;)
Going back a while (25years plus) my ex father in law hid cash in compartments in his car. Customs and police found it, he spent 18 months detained at her majesty's pleasure....the Irish don't always have the good luck.
I never got my share o_O

Going by the TV programs if plod finds anyone with more than a pittance in cash in their car they're assumed to be a drug dealer and it gets conviscated

Going by the TV programs if plod finds anyone with more than a pittance in cash in their car they're assumed to be a drug dealer and it gets conviscated

I think you can legally carry as much cash as you want to with good reason.

It might arouse the interest of the police if they find your excuse implausible but I don't think they can just assume you are a drug dealer and confiscate it.

No one enjoys paying tax especially when it’s obvious to everyone that we have a corrupt government who are intent on keeping the masses poor whilst enriching themselves and their cronies. When I lived in France I had conversations about tax etc and my neighbour was actually pleased to pay tax for the good of everyone, sadly it’s not a sentiment shared by the British because it’s blatantly unfair that wealthy people avoid paying their fair share while working classes have to hide it in a motorhome (allegedly).
Sounds as if politics is creeping back on to the forum.
As a wealthy person myself, I'm more than happy to pay my fair share of tax but if what you say is true, do you think that the situation is any different in France?
I'm pretty sure that on the corruption scale the UK comes a long way down the list of the world's most corrupt countries.
If "the British" ( and you seem to be referring to the working class here) don't want to pay tax due then that makes them no better than the wealthy who according to you don't want to pay tax either. It's not about any particular "class" here and wealth has in many cases little to do with class any more. It's about honesty - you are or you aren't.

I think you can legally carry as much cash as you want to with good reason.

It might arouse the interest of the police if they find your excuse implausible but I don't think they can just assume you are a drug dealer and confiscate it.
Thank heavens for that as the cash in my pockets is worth more than the cars i drive. 😂

woken up one night by a load of coppers about to bust into my mate's lovely old Vickers caravan . i told them i had a key if they told me what the score was . seeems they found him outside a travellers site with 8 grand or so in his pocket and no credible reason to have it . after i explained that he was an antique dealer who found cash best when haggling ,and just couldn't help looking dodgy , they pulled him out of a car and let him go . the senior copper was laughing as the plod who'd made the arrest was convinced he'd got Mr Big !

Sounds as if politics is creeping back on to the forum.
As a wealthy person myself, I'm more than happy to pay my fair share of tax but if what you say is true, do you think that the situation is any different in France?
I'm pretty sure that on the corruption scale the UK comes a long way down the list of the world's most corrupt countries.
If "the British" ( and you seem to be referring to the working class here) don't want to pay tax due then that makes them no better than the wealthy who according to you don't want to pay tax either. It's not about any particular "class" here and wealth has in many cases little to do with class any more. It's about honesty - you are or you aren't.

Strange how the British don't like anyone who has:

More money than them
A better car or motorhome than them
A better house than them

Always makes me laugh. 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back