zippy has bit the dust

Wanderlust

Our poor camper van was hit by a drunk driver last night in one of our wild camping lay bys in Lechlade. So bad it wrote it off and nearly Ruth and myself who sustained chest a and arm injuries but not serious. Alas zippy is dead. We had to be freed by the fire service. One thing is for sure if we was in bed we would not be with the living so be careful out there guys
Paul and Ruth

Our poor camper van was hit by a drunk driver last night in one of our wild camping lay bys in Lechlade. So bad it wrote it off and nearly Ruth and myself who sustained chest a and arm injuries but not serious. Alas zippy is dead. We had to be freed by the fire service. One thing is for sure if we was in bed we would not be with the living so be careful out there guys
Paul and Ruth

Sorry to hear this, lets hope two out of three of you make a full recovery.

Dezi

Geez, that's bad, at least you are only walking wounded, unlike poor Zippy. Lets hope the idiot gets his just desserts. Good luck with the claim and even better luck with recovery.

So sorry to hear this Guys!
Let's hope the insurance company fork out soon for a new van. Where will you stay in the meantime?
Glad the injuries weren't too bad, but you must be pretty shook up!
Good Luck, hope you get sorted soon!

Rog and Chris. xx.

Sorry to read this but as previous stated you are relatively un scathed.veh are only metal humans are more precious,good luck from here on

Sorry to hear about Zippy, but pleased to hear you are both OK ish.

B****y h**L how scary is that , it's the one thing I have worried about but one of those things you think won't happen to you. Glad you are both ok , and hopefully won't deter you from wildcamping in the future, hope you back on the road soon .

Let's hope the insurance company fork out soon for a new van. Where will you stay in the meantime?

Rog and Chris. xx.[/QUOTE
Hi rog and Chris
We are presently in a premier Inn 114 a night. Don't know about tomorrow yet xx

Rog and Chris. xx.[/QUOTE
Hi rog and Chris
We are presently in a premier Inn 114 a night. Don't know about tomorrow yet xx

Enjoy while you can.
Glad your both ok but it must have been a real shock.Something that's crossed my mind occasionally. Best of luck sorting everything out.

Nasty business.
Sorry to hear it.
Keep all out of pocket expenses,receipts etc
Check the wording on your insurance.
Do you have legal cover?
You can claim if he was uninsured.
Don't get angry, get ahead!

Not nice, glad you're not too bad.

Is this one that's in the POI's?

Yes it is the one on our poi he sent us 35ft and up a grass verge he was heading towards Faringdon

How awful, so scary. Hope you mend quickly. I'm so sorry about your lovely van. :sad:

Very lucky could have been much worse,do play it up a bit and go to the doc with nightmares etc,big clam and do get a legal eagle on the job,nice shiny van next.:wave:

Gutted for you both but glad that you survived the ordeal with minimal injuries, hope your back on the road soon. 💋 X

Goodness

What an horrible experience to have. Glad you and Ruth are not to badly hurt, but feel for the van. It moved you 35' and up a grass verge blimey that must have been some impact. Hope everything goes smooth with insurance and everything and we get to see you both again soon.
.... Tom ....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back