xmas market

flashingblade

just visited lincoln xmas market. can't believe how busy it was.
i'm glad we didn't go in the van. parking was a nightmare and the park and ride system was pointless. i don't think lincoln authorities can cope with the number of people attending.

Well I went out to spend £12.69 on a toy from Argos yesterday...

ended up spending £987.69.....

wife had a wee look in jeweller's window before I could stop her!!!!

Tis a fact that people are not spending this year, according to the street traders at Edinburgh xmas market this is the worst year ever. We are also working the Edinburgh market and can confirm instead of the £200 -£400 per day we would usually expect from such an event. Daily takings have been as low as £15.00 for ten hours in the cold. Lots of people but not many spending. Just wondering if things in this country will ever improve again or is it downhill all the way:confused:

Kath, (ladytramp) has just taken a pay cut at work, so things must be bad:eek:

Sorry to hear that Graham, but I bet her workload is still the same, I would never accept a pay cut no matter what the circumstances, If they cannot guarantee my 40 hours on full pay then It,s no fault of mine so I,m off to find someone that can.

Be wary of employers who are using the so called credit crunch to exploit their workforce, or maybe even push them out to replace them with lower paid Eastern Block employees:mad:.. Rant Over.

Regards to you and Kath

stands

i sympathise with the stall holders. if it's anything like the nec, the stall holders get charged a small fortune and therefore have to put their prices up.

Kath, (ladytramp) has just taken a pay cut at work, so things must be bad:eek:

Sorry to hear about Kath - I know how she feels :mad:
End of last month I was told my job was being regraded - the new salary was substantially less... or I could take redundancy

Outcome... currently on "garden leave" for 3 months as I'm considered a security risk !!

Well at least it gives me time to work on the van :)
other half is also under threat (she finds out this week)
So yep *****, things are getting bad - but Lenny, agree on your comments re eastern bloc... but not just them, If you work for a multi-national like I did... :(

But hey.. if things get REALLY bad... just live in the van full time :D:D:D
Andy

Security Risk

Sorry to hear about Kath - I know how she feels :mad:
End of last month I was told my job was being regraded - the new salary was substantially less... or I could take redundancy

Outcome... currently on "garden leave" for 3 months as I'm considered a security risk !!

Well at least it gives me time to work on the van :)
other half is also under threat (she finds out this week)
So yep *****, things are getting bad - but Lenny, agree on your comments re eastern bloc... but not just them, If you work for a multi-national like I did... :(

But hey.. if things get REALLY bad... just live in the van full time :D:D:D
Andy

Sorry to read this ,Andy, security Risk:eek:, what a cheek:mad:, As I keep reminding my boss, me and the rest of his employees ARE his biggest asset in the company, not the material things . If I were you I would take my lot and get out of it;)(do a bit of gardening while you contemplate your next move)

Lifes too short:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back