Xmas lights - a straw poll....

Quite right we start our festivities on the solstice and have 12 days of feasting not just your one day blow out that everyone thinks is the be all and end all but is really just a glorified Sunday lunch with trimmings. The only decorations we put up are holly and ivy and on the 25th we pop into the camper and drive off to the coast for a bottle of pop and seafood starter followed by what ever we are having for mains and sit and watch the populace walking up and down the prom. But that's just us and we're not just anybody we're different apparently 🤪 😂
Nothing wrong with been different. (y)

Mine is on the 23rd and I bet you, like me, used to get Birthday pressies wrapped in santa paper, or "combination presents"? I am like the queen and have an "official" birthday on 23rd June :)

My brother wouldn't be happy if it changed, mind. his birthday is on the 29th May :D
I would always get the one big present instead of one for each.

But I dare bet most of the Christmas Bah Humbugs will at some point over the Christmas period sit down for a Christmas meal. Meaning not your usual weekly fare.
If all goes to plan this year, I'll be on my own in the bus in the middle of nowhere. Xmas lunch will consist of a tin of soup, & possibly a ham sarnie on the side. I shall hopefully spend the day feeding my new log burner if its cold, & enjoying my own company....

Mine is on the 23rd and I bet you, like me, used to get Birthday pressies wrapped in santa paper, or "combination presents"? I am like the queen and have an "official" birthday on 23rd June :)

My brother wouldn't be happy if it changed, mind. his birthday is on the 29th May :D
I presume you meant 29th of February David?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back