Xmas lights - a straw poll....

Nice to mark the mid winter solstice highjacked by the romans 2000 years back.
Interestingly (possibly!), it has been calculated that Jesus was probably born in 4AD on the 29th May - so pretty close to the Summer Solstice :)
But we would then end up like the Aussies ... Christmas dinner on the beach in summer (still sitting under a shelter from the rain though :D )

I have a very small decorated tree and some fairy lights that I put in the van most years and a thing that projects snowflakes on the side of the van how sad am I. 😂😂They seem inadequate here in Blackpool at the illuminations.
If you go down to Fleetwood keep clear of the Granada Fish bar for fish and chips they were horrendous last week. Only fit for the bin.

Interestingly (possibly!), it has been calculated that Jesus was probably born in 4AD on the 29th May - so pretty close to the Summer Solstice :)
But we would then end up like the Aussies ... Christmas dinner on the beach in summer (still sitting under a shelter from the rain though :D )
It would be better in May as my birthday is the 21st of December and everyone forgets about it.

It would be better in May as my birthday is the 21st of December and everyone forgets about it.
Mine is on the 23rd and I bet you, like me, used to get Birthday pressies wrapped in santa paper, or "combination presents"? I am like the queen and have an "official" birthday on 23rd June :)

My brother wouldn't be happy if it changed, mind. his birthday is on the 29th May :D

But I dare bet most of the Christmas Bah Humbugs will at some point over the Christmas period sit down for a Christmas meal. Meaning not your usual weekly fare.

But I dare bet most of the Christmas Bah Humbugs will at some point over the Christmas period sit down for a Christmas meal. Meaning not your usual weekly fare.
Quite right we start our festivities on the solstice and have 12 days of feasting not just your one day blow out that everyone thinks is the be all and end all but is really just a glorified Sunday lunch with trimmings. The only decorations we put up are holly and ivy and on the 25th we pop into the camper and drive off to the coast for a bottle of pop and seafood starter followed by what ever we are having for mains and sit and watch the populace walking up and down the prom. But that's just us and we're not just anybody we're different apparently 🤪 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back