Xmas in a Motorhome?

Chrissy

Hi there yall

Am seriously thinking about spending time in the van over Christmas and New Year :eek: as hubby has to take two weeks off at this time of year. Used to go abroad :D but didn't have MH then :D :D and we have become really bored with doing that anyway.:( Also, credit crunch and finances suggest money would be better spent elsewhere.:rolleyes:

So, the thing is, are we saddo's :eek: for wanting to stay in a very old MH in the winter time - probability of no-one being about and everything closed - or have we got the right idea to get away from it all (obviously with a fridge full of luxury items and lots of drinkies). :D :p :D

Would appreciate it if anyone who has done this could share their stories and if possible locations.

As we will have plenty of time to travel, could visit anywhere in the UK really. Already thinking that Scalby Mills at Scarboro would be fantastic if the weather wasn't too bad.
Fanks if you share
Chrissy

Hi Chrissy,

we have been away for the past two years at Christmas time, although we head for Spain & Portugal for the sun.

Obviously in the UK the weather will be an issue, but from a personal point of view, any time spent away from the constant TV adverts for xmas gifts, worrying what to buy everybody, wether to invite the family for dinner, family arguments, moaning kids/grand kids etc etc, I'm definitely going away again!!

I say go for it! If it's no good you can always cut it short and go home!

Captain

any time spent away from the constant TV adverts for xmas gifts, worrying what to buy everybody, wether to invite the family for dinner, family arguments, moaning kids/grand kids etc etc, I'm definitely going away again!!

I say go for it! If it's no good you can always cut it short and go home!

Captain

Thanks Captain - those are all v v gud reasons for us to get away. :D :D

Chrissy
we had time away last Xmas/n year and it was great :)
Find a site that has good sanitary facilities and enjoy the peace and quiet.
We were at scotgate campsite Braithwaite,keswick over the festive period just get yourself a small convector heater and EHU and you'll be fine it got as low as -10 when we were there :eek:

;)

Hi Chrissy
I went to Brugges,Antwerp and Amsterdam last xmas and the year before to York, Rowntree park C&C site ,very busy then up to Whitby and you would have thought it was middle of summer holidays as it was crammed.
Plenty people out there at that time of year so go and enjoy.
Rob

Hi,
The only thing which holds me back that time of year are the very early dark hours.
But I reccon if you could save on electricity and warming up it would be terrific :rolleyes:

If it's a campsite you are looking for i can recommend Stanwix Park,Silloth,Cumbria,they are open all year have a swimming pool,jacuzzi,sauna,tenpin bowling and bars.Tried to book on myself for last christmas/new year but was booked solid,that was early December.Treat yourself,you know you wanna;)Andy

If it's a campsite you are looking for i can recommend Stanwix Park,Silloth,Cumbria,they are open all year have a swimming pool,jacuzzi,sauna,tenpin bowling and bars.Tried to book on myself for last christmas/new year but was booked solid,that was early December.Treat yourself,you know you wanna;)Andy

Good Shout Andy, totally agree, and an excellent little town centre within walking distance.;):)

Hi there yall

Am seriously thinking about spending time in the van over Christmas and New Year :eek: as hubby has to take two weeks off at this time of year. Used to go abroad :D but didn't have MH then :D :D and we have become really bored with doing that anyway.:( Also, credit crunch and finances suggest money would be better spent elsewhere.:rolleyes:

So, the thing is, are we saddo's :eek: for wanting to stay in a very old MH in the winter time - probability of no-one being about and everything closed - or have we got the right idea to get away from it all (obviously with a fridge full of luxury items and lots of drinkies). :D :p :D

Would appreciate it if anyone who has done this could share their stories and if possible locations.

As we will have plenty of time to travel, could visit anywhere in the UK really. Already thinking that Scalby Mills at Scarboro would be fantastic if the weather wasn't too bad.
Fanks if you share
Chrissy

i might just join you, cant stand xmas, but would love to do new year up in scotland, think i got 10 days off, looking at the posts it might not be as quiet as you think,

Great News

Hi Chrissy
I went to Brugges,Antwerp and Amsterdam last xmas and the year before to York, Rowntree park C&C site ,very busy then up to Whitby and you would have thought it was middle of summer holidays as it was crammed.
Plenty people out there at that time of year so go and enjoy.
Rob

That's very encouraging - we like time on our own but places can look desolate if all shut down. :)

I Like luxury

Hey Andy - a bit of luxury sounds good and looking at their website they have these in different areas too. I can't seem to find that they do tourers/MH's though? They just seem to provide their own accommodation - is that correct? :confused:
Thanks
Chrissy

Hiya Chrissy,No they have a touring area with around 90 pitches level and well drained,small grass area on one side the rest being pea gravel,not huge pitches but quite adequate.Must have stayed here 12 occasions in the past 18 months usually when i take grandaughter,wildcamp the rest of the time,Andy:)

Thanks

Hiya Chrissy,No they have a touring area with around 90 pitches level and well drained,small grass area on one side the rest being pea gravel,not huge pitches but quite adequate.Must have stayed here 12 occasions in the past 18 months usually when i take grandaughter,wildcamp the rest of the time,Andy:)

Thanks Andy - will look to be booking then - I think I would like a bit of luxury along with my wilding this xmas time. :D
Chrissy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back