X250 sliding door

Telstar

Free Member
Having owned the current van (PVC) for 8 years, I have been fed up with the door not closing on first slam (easy answer is open front door or a window) and the door rattling particularly when we are on the move and it's raining.

I must stress that nobody should actually try's to replicate this......

We were parked up, on a remote car park, towards the bridge to nowhere above Stornoway, she dictated that I should move the van to a leveller spot. The sliding door was as usual not closed properly, but seeing that we have travelled many miles in the past with the door open warning light on, what is 5 yards?

Well I can tell you, door moved backwards as we were going forward. It went that hard back, hitting the stopper at the top, that the rollers came out of the rail. This left the door hanging free, raining, midges out and biting and she was about to blame me!

To sort this little problem, she supported door whilst I removed the top runner (Alan keys required) I then found a strategic sized and shaped rock and brayed it with the rubber mallet. I then refitted it.

Outcome is, door now runs smother than ever, it doesn't rattle any more in the rain. Now that is what I call a result.

Jon

Glad you got a positive outcome. But why didn't you try to adjust it years a go?

Having owned the current van (PVC) for 8 years, I have been fed up with the door not closing on first slam (easy answer is open front door or a window) and the door rattling particularly when we are on the move and it's raining.

I must stress that nobody should actually try's to replicate this......

We were parked up, on a remote car park, towards the bridge to nowhere above Stornoway, she dictated that I should move the van to a leveller spot. The sliding door was as usual not closed properly, but seeing that we have travelled many miles in the past with the door open warning light on, what is 5 yards?

Well I can tell you, door moved backwards as we were going forward. It went that hard back, hitting the stopper at the top, that the rollers came out of the rail. This left the door hanging free, raining, midges out and biting and she was about to blame me!

To sort this little problem, she supported door whilst I removed the top runner (Alan keys required) I then found a strategic sized and shaped rock and brayed it with the rubber mallet. I then refitted it.

Outcome is, door now runs smother than ever, it doesn't rattle any more in the rain. Now that is what I call a result.

Jon

I have have the same prob as you Telstar and the only way it close s easy is by leaving a window or door open guess I'll hav e put up and shut up lol.

Jeff

Whilst I think the x250 SLD is not easiest to close I never find it that bad, one thing which does occur to me is we have one of the skylights with permanent ventilation.
As for the door alarm, is a known problem for the door to be properly latched but the door alarm sound, this is rectified by adjustment of the door, or by packing out the sensor.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back