Would you ?

tailgate

Free Member
Would you buy a 2015 van with 28500 miles on it ?
Is that excessive , average about 7000 a year.
It has however got a full service history. And is in excellent condition.
Looking for pros and cons of getting it.
Thanks in advance.
John

Would you buy a 2015 van with 28500 miles on it ?
Is that excessive , average about 7000 a year.
It has however got a full service history. And is in excellent condition.
Looking for pros and cons of getting it.
Thanks in advance.
John

hi

make sure it euro 6 engine. should be if its late 15. Thats if you travel in lec.

7k for a van ie not motorhome is barely run in so 28 k is nothing especially if it has history...I would be more concerned how the interior has held up

Channa

My 2016 work Boxer has got 118,000 on it now.... And other than brakes pads/disks (and usual French shiite electrics) has been good as gold....

29,000 is barely run in.

Very low miles for a 3 year old commercial van.

Probably an owner like me, does a few miles but not many nights in it.

You could buy a low mileage one that has been driven to spain and back, 4K Miles, and lived in for 6 months. :scared:

My Hymer has 28000 on it in three years and I would be seriously upset if somebody said it was worn out.. It is only run in now Sprinters do huge mileages and the one that sits there all year needs more care to keep going properly. Rusty brakes, corrosion etc.

That mileage is nothing and I wouldn’t think twice about it. However I would strive for a Euro6 if possible, that’s as future proof as you can get at the moment. From April 2021 Euro5 are being excluded (unless by large daily fee) from virtually everything inside the M25. Although you might not go there it will ripple through Euro5 values.

Similarly, my Hymer has 30,000 in 3.5 years. I assume we are talking a Motorhome rather than a base for conversion, in which case I would say that given the service history, the van has probably been well cared for and that all the niggles have been ironed out. The van could now be in peak condition. However nothing can be taken for granted and I am sure you know all the routines for inspection and testing before offer. We have spent 340 nights in our van in those 3.5 years to ensure we get value from the investment and feel ours is in almost perfect condition (said he tempting fate). So everything from loo to oven has been well run in.

Davy

It's hardly run in. Mileage within in reason would be the last of my concerns.

As above not run in but dont always beleave service history as my newish car at 27 thu miles came with a full service sheet,truth is when i got working on it i found it had never had the wheels of as grease cap missing nsr and osr wheel bearing bu--ered,oil like thick black porridge and all spark plugs rusted to hell,front wheels took ages to get of as corroded on,so beware take a good grease monkey to look over it,make sure its never been in a smash .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back