Windscreen Scratches

Wooie1958

What do you use to get scratches out of your windscreen ? It flew threw the MOT with them and no advisories but they are annoying the hell out of me :mad:

Before the MOT on the last outing we must have got something under the wipers blades from one of the wagons that overtook us on the M6 during a hell of a downpour.

They are the same arc as the wipers, it`s not the wipers themselves as they are only a month or so old and even though i`ve put new ones on again it`s still the same.

The second set are now back in their box and will go on next year.

What do you use to get scratches out of your windscreen ? It flew threw the MOT with them and no advisories but they are annoying the hell out of me :mad:

Before the MOT on the last outing we must have got something under the wipers blades from one of the wagons that overtook us on the M6 during a hell of a downpour.

They are the same arc as the wipers, it`s not the wipers themselves as they are only a month or so old and even though i`ve put new ones on again it`s still the same.

The second set are now back in their box and will go on next year.
sounds scary and mad but check this out ....

Go into your local windscreen place. We had a chip repaired through our insurance and the guy that done the repair polished the screen with a compound on a an orbital felt pad and when finished it looked like a new screen. Maybe be something they could do through your insurance?

Thanks for all the advice folks, i`ve already tried the jewelers rouge, steel wool to no effect.

My local windscreen place will just say it`s an MOT fail and i need a new windscreen like they did when i contacted them a few years back for a very small chip up in the top passenger side corner and nowhere near line of sight on a different vehicle.

I`ll have a look at the Ebay and Amazon ones later, the other one Abrasive World is showing as out of stock.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back