Window scratches

Think i will leave mine for now,most probaly get a few more.

GARY ENGLISH said:
Has any one used the polishes for removing scratches from windows, if so are they any good.Been down a few tight spots.

Hi Garry, We use "brasso" & planty of elbow grease, then finish off with a wax polish. makes a lovely job.

Ive used some window scratch stuff from Hallfords a while back on my Rascal its was a very fine abrasive, it worked well

I had some surface scratches on the plastic windows on my last van. I used T Cut first then an ordinary car wax polish.
They were totally nonexistant after.

Window Polish

There used to be a product called Perspex Polish, however I tried it on an old motorcycle visor and ended up 'frosting' it! I guess the visor was too soft.

I'm surprised 'members' have found success with TeeCut as I have found it to be a bit too coarse... perhaps m/h windows are now harder than they used to be?

I have read that products containing petrolium should'nt be used on perspex windows. Mc Guires make a product specificly for the job called plastix it does a good job though an awful lot of rubbing is needed ( it's like a slightly rougher windowlene} Fenwicks make a special product also which is possibly the best. from caravan shops supplied in a toothpaste sized tube , Mc Guires from Halfords in an area of shelving dedicated to that manufacturer (rather than with glass cleaners) £7 and £5 Cheers Al.

window scratces

hi just got 90% of scratches of my vans plastic windows with t cut abit of a chore but has removed all but the deepest marks then cleaned the residue off with mr muscle window cleaner just try a small area first

scraches

GARY ENGLISH said:
Has any one used the polishes for removing scratches from windows, if so are they any good.Been down a few tight spots.
i have used good old fashond brasso not the gause stuff for many years with no problems it akso works on dull wood grain efect interiors of older vans/caravans

yea brasso and t cut are both great for fine scrathes on most surfaces but did not know about the wood grain may try a small patch cheers

***** said:
Did it leave a smear or is it completley clear now???:confused:
no smears as you could see but after i had used the t cut i cleaned of any residue with mr muscle glass and plastic cleaner a realy cheap cure it has got 99%of the scratces out only deeper marks were left in fact the rear window t i can now see perfectly through even with the sunat the rear

scratched windows

It depends on the depth of the scratch. If it's only shallow you can try T-Cut but rub very gently or also Duroglit, and, again very gently otherwise it will make the window worse. If the the scratches are quite deep, I'm afraid you've had it. Forget all these miracle scratch removers they're crap!. Or, failing this, drink heavily and you won't notice em!!:) After all this it worked for us. xx.

Restoring Acrylic Windows

Hi There
One manual I have read says you can use Brasso to remove scratches. Have not tried it yet as my windows are not to bad at the moment

window scratches

G etting back to the windows,to prevent from happening to new windows,what cleaners and clothes do you use to clean them.My old van had some very fine scratches in circle pattern from cleaning, only used window clean spray and soft cloth.

windows

hi gary

i have been told that washing plastic windows with the telescopic brushes puts light scratches on windows:confused:

Brasso
Also works well on scuffed sunglasses and scratched (plastic) watch-glasses

Try Riversway Leisure Centre, i'm sure i have seen some stuff there specific to your query.;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back