Wind Turbine. Rutland 514 for sale.

noody

I built this last year and used it for our Scotland trip where it proved an absolute beneficial add-on to my solar collector which needed help on cloudy breezy days. Like a solar panel (Unlike the marketing spiel) a wind turbine produces in proportion to the wind, at 20-25 knots this 514 is equivalant to a 60 watt solar collector on a sunny day.

The mast is in two-two metre halves that bolt together, it has a triangulated guy-rope set-up with about 4 metres of cable ending in a 15amp socket. In my van the mast slides in an under-van locker. The turbine head, blades and guys sit nice and comfy in a home-made cardboard container 8" high X 22" x 22".

In use you need a clear site, no point in rigging a wind turbine if the wind can't get at-it. The wind blows all night when its windy and this turbine can't be heard above the wind noise. At 15 knots its almost silent.

You will need a regulator with second input for a wind-turbine, my regulator is by Marlek which has solar and wind-turbine input.

Selling because I'm finding it difficult to rig and another hip-replacement is due in three months.

I have receipts for over £400, as-new condition. £350.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back