Wildcamping How To Guide 2012

Why would you need to leave in an emergency? Has anyone had problems??
We've had the odd annoyance from scrotes and they usually don't bother us but in the boy scouts be prepared was a good rule to adopt so we always try to make sure we can't get blocked in easily or by some unthinking moron going walkies all day, and of course if there is a emergency we are able to leave, and by the same token we make sure we are not blocking any gates whether tey look to be in use or not, or block any other vehicle in, it's jsut common sense and consideration for others.

We've had the odd annoyance from scrotes and they usually don't bother us but in the boy scouts be prepared was a good rule to adopt so we always try to make sure we can't get blocked in easily or by some unthinking moron going walkies all day, and of course if there is a emergency we are able to leave, and by the same token we make sure we are not blocking any gates whether tey look to be in use or not, or block any other vehicle in, it's jsut common sense and consideration for others.
Well said Pudsey; my philosophy too.

wow.

im new here and just read all your safety suggestions. wild camping sounds very exciting. im a woman who likes to travel alone with my dog so altho im a bit of an adrenalin junkie, i do also have to be aware of safety for myself, my dog and my van. is there a list on here of tried and tested sites for parking up overnight? i suppose your going to tell me now i have to pay for this... and if this is the case, how much? but thanks for all taking the time to list these things as some i had never thought of. 👋
Hello ,cant remember exactly cost of membership worth asking and worth joining these guys are like oracle's of the MH world .

Its not worth asking about the cost, sub £20 I think but the advice you get from 3 forums plus the app is money well spent.

I don't think the person who asked the question will reply as the post is 10 years old and she is no longer a member. :)

I keep a great big maglight torch with 6 u2 batteries and a wrist strap by the door in clips, great club and entirely legal. Never needed it in17 years but you never know.

It may be legal to keep the torch handy for illumination, it is not legal to keep a weapon handy.
Police can access social media and use stuff like your post to proof it was there as a weapon.
Publishing something like that is not a good idea. 👮‍♂️

I take your point r4dent but it is a torch and has only ever been used as one but it is a possibility. It has been seen by several police officers in France and never once queried, and why should it be?

I take your point r4dent but it is a torch and has only ever been used as one but it is a possibility. It has been seen by several police officers in France and never once queried, and why should it be?
These days, a "torch" is a lightweight object with LEDs that can shine for hours on a couple of AAs. So, in the event of you using it "in anger", questions are more likely to be asked as to why you have something that weighs over a kilo -- and you've just provided the answer ...

I bought it before there were such thing as you describe and it is stll a good torch and is still used as such.

Back