wild camping

What percentage of nights do you actually wild camp in a year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DERR !!!! i still don't understand, i live in my van 365 days of the year and voted the number days away from my base,so am i 100% or 20%. I'm just thick i suppose.

living 365 days in your van. lucky you
for instance you are staying 132 nights at your permanant base. and the other 233 nights spent not on a site or at your base would i believe be aproximatly 60% wilding

on this trip recently -

in Sweden and Norway - 1 night in 30 in a caravan park and then only to catch up on the washing
Iceland and Faroe islands - ditto, although we also spent a couple of nights in free parks provided by some smaller towns.
Scotland, Wales and now into England - 3 nights in a small caravan park out of 17 nights and then only because our son rode up from London to see us.

In Australia - almost never stay in a van park and even in capital cities we "stealth-camp" wherever possible.

In Australia - almost never stay in a van park and even in capital cities we "stealth-camp" wherever possible

how would you describe. stealth camp, we may have a diffrent term for it hear

Stealth camping is parking within town limits in locations that are not likely to annoy anyone or result in parking fines. ie in Bergen recently, we parked right on the harbour where there are pay and park meters that were free overnight.

In Oz, our rig is technically a heavy vehicle that is not supposed to park on the street for more than an hour. The big-rigs club use ABC sites - Airports, B (can't remember what that stands for) and Cemeteries. Obviously industrial areas are a good bet also. Not always the best or most scenic spot, but close to big towns and cities, there isn't a lot of choice if you want to avoid caravan parks.

"bush camping" is probably close to your "wild camping". Often the term "free-camping" is used, but this is a bit ambiguous as not everyone interprets "free" in the same way..

Curious ?

whereabouts in hereford are you parked up , is it the merton meadow car park ? if you go north on the A49 approx.24 miles you come to a small friendly town called leominster (pronounced lemster) aim for the broad street car park (long stay) toilets in daylight hours and the car park is lit up at night.nice and secure !! the best pub in town is the grape vaults (google it ) and the chinky/fish&chips on the corner is ace !!! i forgot to say that the car park is FREE!!!! and no limit to length of stay. i reccomend it to all members..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back