wild camping

What percentage of nights do you actually wild camp in a year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t&s

What percentage of nights do you actually wild camp in a year?
see my poll

Last edited:
In 40 years of owning an MH, I have never ever paid one penny in a camp site. I still do have every journal of our trips from 1969.

Wow !!!!!!!!!!

to david and ann....WOW ! you need to have your own website so that we can all learn something from your extensive travels. you must have a plethora of amusing and entertaining anecdotes along with loads of photographs. please please do it or write a lengthy blog !!!! does anybody else think that they should do this ?

when we are away we always wild it even though some stays are on car parks we went to london area a couple of weeks ago and slept 4 hours in brentwood railway station car park

....reflecting on this do you mean % of nights wild camping vs on a site or number of nights out of the 365(6) possibles?

Anybody reporting less than a certain percentage wild vs on site should be removed as this is a WILD site!!!!

to david and ann....WOW ! you need to have your own website so that we can all learn something from your extensive travels. you must have a plethora of amusing and entertaining anecdotes along with loads of photographs. please please do it or write a lengthy blog !!!! does anybody else think that they should do this ?

Hi Steve, I would love to create my own page, unfortunately, I am a right dummy when it comes to computers. At the moment I am trying to to get my 2008 trip together and get it on here (Wildcamping)

How much wildcamping

FAO ian81

Some of us may have alternative options on our leisure activitives beyond Wildcamping. I have a boat with which I Wildcamp as well, perhaps with the restrictions to wildcamping rising at the rate they are, this may be the only form of Wildcamping left!

With the next purchase of vehicle I will need something that gets through the growing number of height restrictions being put up in Southern England.

FAO ian81

Some of us may have alternative options on our leisure activitives beyond Wildcamping. I have a boat with which I Wildcamp as well, perhaps with the restrictions to wildcamping rising at the rate they are, this may be the only form of Wildcamping left!

With the next purchase of vehicle I will need something that gets through the growing number of height restrictions being put up in Southern England.

.....at this rate the poll will be one of how do you spend your nights in a year!!

FAO ian81

We sailed boats for 30 years, before buying a "land yacht" & I know what you mean. but we have never found the need to pay for a pitch for the night in our Motor Home. We have over 40 sites plugged into our satnav. many of which we have shared with this site. I will share some more when we have checked them out this year.

We sailed boats for 30 years, before buying a "land yacht" & I know what you mean. but we have never found the need to pay for a pitch for the night in our Motor Home. We have over 40 sites plugged into our satnav. many of which we have shared with this site. I will share some more when we have checked them out this year.

Hear, hear :)

Canal Boats

I gave up sailing and moved to canal cruisers, but then found I wanted to see something beyond walking distance I converted to four wheel motion.

I do feel the South though fitting all the height barriers have barred us from the nice little coastal parts!

I would wild more but my better half has a some problems with it, she doesn't sleep to well with some concerns of safety not that we have ever had any probs, and we are selective.

In France she felt a little more comfortable with it, IE in laybys when a couple of vans are all ready there no probs with Aires and such like.

Everyone has there own tastes and ideas when having a break, whether
it is campsites or wilding we do a bit of both it suits us:D:D

on rereading this poll it see it might be a bit ambiguous. I voted 100% based on the total days out not on a 365 day year. I can see that 100% could be construed as full timing which I am not. Maybe the question should be clarified.

This is the way I read the poll. For example, if you were on the road for 10 days in any one year, that would make it 100‰. Of those 10 days, you have camped in an open space for 8 of those days and 2 days on a camp site or equivalent, you have wild camped 80‰. I have just done a stint of 79 days on the road in Europe. Did not go into a Camp site or it's equivalent, hence the answer is 100‰. :confused:

you are correct
it was meant to ask for the no of nights spent wild camping
out of the total nights away using the van.
i made an error when compiling the voting persentage section and could not find a way of altering the main voting section.

still the pol has been intresting and it dose show that aproximatly
37% of us realy full time wild camp
this is more than i expected

thanks for entering into the spirit of things

DERR !!!! i still don't understand, i live in my van 365 days of the year and voted the number days away from my base,so am i 100% or 20%. I'm just thick i suppose.

Most towns have barried car parks which is annoying, especially
when you drive down a single track and the car park is a one way in and one way out system,then you see a 6.6 ht restriction to little to late,
cars behind most upset, had to reverse back.
For 20 mins ,it was bedlam :eek::eek::eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back