Wild Camping Stickers do exist but

ian81

...while wandering round the Devizes area today took a look at the Caen Hill Locks on the Kennet and Avon Canal.

Lovely car park 51.353503, 2.20833 W, suitable for wild camping complete with 6 wild campers. Seemed a nice friendly little group. Sad that they want to keep such a nice spot to themselves and haven't bothered to post details.

Also had a moan about Phil so we had a brew and left. Saddened.

Ian
Tried those coordinates on Google maps and it gives me the middle of the North Sea!!:scared::scared::scared:

Do you have a motorhome or a boat??:scared::scared:

...while wandering round the Devizes area today took a look at the Caen Hill Locks on the Kennet and Avon Canal.

Lovely car park 51.353503, 2.20833 W, suitable for wild camping complete with 6 wild campers. Seemed a nice friendly little group. Sad that they want to keep such a nice spot to themselves and haven't bothered to post details.

Name & shame them, second thought, better not.

I think it's probably 51.353414, -2.020794 having a look on google...

Ian
Tried those coordinates on Google maps and it gives me the middle of the North Sea!!:scared::scared::scared:

Do you have a motorhome or a boat??:scared::scared:

-the W after the second number should have given you a clue!!!

I think that was a meeting of my fan club.

oi you lot

Oi I was one of these wild campers and I can assure you I never spoke to this pr!ck who it appears is out to stir something up, we are on a public carpark at Caen locks having just left the Barge inn where we were at a birthday bash.
admin bashing is not on my list of things to do.

Last edited:
Herbennies birthday bash,

:juggle:It's the stragglers left over from the Birthday Bash!:banana:Hardy lot!!:mad1:
Probably still getting over the Chrissy Decorating night in the Oliver Cromwell, What A great pub, fab food & Real Ale, nice locals and really friendly landlord & landlady. :cheers:
0h, Free overnighting and water. And it's on our pub stops!!:bow:
I couldn't stand the pace so I've buzzed off to Spain!!!:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

:juggle:It's the stragglers left over from the Birthday Bash!:banana:Hardy lot!!:mad1:
Probably still getting over the Chrissy Decorating night in the Oliver Cromwell, What A great pub, fab food & Real Ale, nice locals and really friendly landlord & landlady. :cheers:
0h, Free overnighting and water. And it's on our pub stops!!:bow:
I couldn't stand the pace so I've buzzed off to Spain!!!:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:
yes young mike it's us the stragglers we are sleeping on some land that belongs to a friend of Mr& Mrs Woodcutter the land is adjacent to the Caen hill locks carpark which is a pay& display run by the waterways authority and because this is a working yard we move to the carpark during the day and then when the lorries have stopped going in and out he lets us back in the evening for sleeping as the carpark is patrolled at night. We are down to 4 vans now .

Who is this swiftcamper person show yourself instead of spreading malicious rumours could this be an invasion of my privacy as it's lies all lies it was a Sainsbury trolley you halfwit do you not know that Tesco are blue trollies Morissons are yellow Sainsbury 's are orange , plonker.

Blue stuff

Well as we live close to Caen Hill we decided to visit this bunch of stragglers and I have to say that whilst they are a little rough what a welcoming bunch they were .
We were also pleased to see how they took their enviromental reponsibilities so seriously too, as rather that create a fire on the ground one of the group had stolen a Morrisons trolley to use as a firepit and rather than create a fire risk we noticed they had thoughtfully left this in one of the locks .
Due to there being no waste disposal available they had carefully collected all the rubbish which at this time of year our wildlife needs extra food so we were very pleased to see this had been launched into the canal along with some kind of blue dye which I imagine was to help the wildlife locate this feast ?

You have to admit the blue stuff looked good in the grey water.

Blue stuff in the water is not our Annie, if there was a smell of burning £$%^ in the air she would hold her hands up but probably with a bottle in one and a glass in the other, nobody else on here would leave a blue stain either but if it smelled like somebody doing their washing you got them bang to rightsView attachment 26502

Not in the loop with all the funny stuff so don't know whats true or not but the car park is indeed a waterways one and they do patrol it. (got captured while walking the dawg) Hope it hasn't been desecrated, not for nimby reasons but its just a nice place. The site at the Barge now that's a place for a party! Maaan. Shame my invite got lost in the post.

what a lovely lot

Well Mr Swiftcamper it looked like our little bit of fun failed to bring out the don't tip your bog in the canal crowd, it seems they know me so well and that my sh!t has made great fodder for the fire in the past. Well we tried our best to wind them this time but wastch out in the future as the naughty gang will be on a mission now to wind some of you up and drag you out of your cosey armchairs spitting feathers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back