Wild Camping just outside Pitlochrie

bartman

CR Pass of Kiliecrankie (B28019).......is no more, thanks to Perth & Kinross Council who have erected about 5 "no camping" signs.
There is also another sign giving conditions of use of that car park, most of which are not appropriate, as it relates to penalties for not parking in marked bays (there are no bays marked), exceeding the number of hours (the number of permitted hours is painted over), and most amusingly the telephone number for complaints is also painted over.
So not only an unfriendly council, but also incompetant.
I wasn't sure where to post this news of a defunct site, I hope this is the appropriate place!

Can you take a photo of sign?

I thought I had, but it's not on my phone so I obviously didn't do it properly. I'm a long way from there now. I have a photo of the other ridiculous sign though:
IMG_20160504_103751.jpg

There appear to be restrictions listed - I wonder what they say?

Yes, sorry about the lack of definition! I did look at the time, they don't relate to any recent order relating to that specific place, they just recite the general car park policies of the Council.

i stayed at pitlochrie on thursday night i went down the dam and fish pass but the road was shut
they are building a new visitors centre. so i went down the right hand fork to the overflow carpark
it was 2 pound for all day. i turned to the right through two posts made from concrete pipes turned on end
and parked on the grass its nice for the dog because you can let him out with no worries.
it does say on the sign no overnight parking and gate will be shut at 6. but i thought i will try all night.
i kept checking the gate till after 7 but no one came to lock it. about 8 i was just deciding wether to go for
a pint when there was a knock on the door i went out there was a old man he said he owned the land.
i said could you give me permission to stay all night because my ticket is valid till tomorrow and he said yes
so i asked him his name so if anyone else said anything i could say mr johnstone gave me permission.
he went up past the gate but did not lock it. so i went for a few pints knowing i would not need to move.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back