Why does my van recognise internet When I start

guerdeval

So I have a 4G modem in the van but when I start the van, on the dash display it shows “sky” or as I’m in Spain “orange” so it’s picking up the WiFi from the TELTONIKA router, why is it doing this and what would be the purpose of it ?, any ideas?

It is probably gathering information about you ..... I am not kidding. A number of vehicle manufacturers are currently under investigation in the US for gathering private information from phones etc and selling the information on to advertisers for profit.

Yep. True dat. My phone picks up what I am saying. If I was say talking about David Attenborough for example and then picked up my phone and went to google David Attenborough it would immediately come up with David Attenborough. Works for most things. Spooky. God knows what it feeds back to its evil masters!! 🤣

You were all warned. :eek:
linux phones.jpg

It is probably gathering information about you ..... I am not kidding. A number of vehicle manufacturers are currently under investigation in the US for gathering private information from phones etc and selling the information on to advertisers for profit.
100% correct along with google.
google chrome.jpg

My van just told me on dash, that it needs a service !. The lazy f#ch ant worked since 2019. It has more time of than me off. Computer's Hay !.
( don't tell them your name Jones) dad's army 1980.

You've probably got your phone paired to the van's radio/multimedia unit. The van radio isn't picking up the wifi. It's picking up your phone via bluetooth and displaying the operator that your phone is connected to, either on its internal SIM or through the router SIM if your phone is also connected through the router at that time. Is the can radio a Uconnect or similar unit with the capability to send and receive calls and texts through a connected phone?

You've probably got your phone paired to the van's radio/multimedia unit. The van radio isn't picking up the wifi. It's picking up your phone via bluetooth and displaying the operator that your phone is connected to, either on its internal SIM or through the router SIM if your phone is also connected through the router at that time. Is the can radio a Uconnect or similar unit with the capability to send and receive calls and texts through a connected phone?
Ah, that’s it then, it’s just letting me know the head unit/phone are connected to a network, I just couldn’t understand what was going on and why, thanks for solving my dilemma.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back