wildebus

Or rather, who knows their Fungi?

Edible or a Killer?
1665502583325.png

The underneath ...
1665502626236.png

And what is this??
1665502661291.png

At first I thought it was some kind of vomit (animal ate the mushroom and was sick) but it is spread all over the lawn in patches and with that much around it must be one dumb animal if it is sick.

In the front we have lots of Shaggy Inkcaps which are meant to be edible, but I don't know if I would risk it!

Edible or a Killer?
View attachment 113604

The underneath ...
View attachment 113605

And what is this??
View attachment 113606
At first I thought it was some kind of vomit (animal ate the mushroom and was sick) but it is spread all over the lawn in patches and with that much around it must be one dumb animal if it is sick.

In the front we have lots of Shaggy Inkcaps which are meant to be edible, but I don't know if I would risk it!

Shaggy inkcaps are delicious and I would eat without hesitation (easily identifiable) and have done so in the past.

Puff balls and possibly field, or horse, mushrooms I can also identify and will eat, but anything more exotic I will leave to the experts! 😵 🥴🤮

Edible or a Killer?
View attachment 113604

The underneath ...
View attachment 113605

And what is this??
View attachment 113606

Shaggy Ink caps are pretty difficult to confuse with, anything else and are edible (or most edible young)

As for the animal vomit... Your pretty close...

Mucilago crustacea or dog sick slime mould.

Whilst away in Suffolk last week, myself and a few other members from WC picked Field Mushrooms, the farmer who owned the small CL we were on knew where a bigger crop were likely so he picked us a huge bag full.

They were delicious, so much flavour.

Shaggy inkcaps are delicious and I would eat without hesitation (easily identifiable) and have done so in the past.

Puff balls and possibly field, or horse, mushrooms I can also identify and will eat, but anything more exotic I will leave to the experts! 😵 🥴🤮

I was told that with Field Mushrooms, if you peel the outer skin off and it's yellowish underneath, leave well alone. If white then they are fine.

Don't take my word for it though!

Edible or a Killer?
View attachment 113604

The underneath ...
View attachment 113605

And what is this??
View attachment 113606

100% ok, pull them when fresh, then pull out the stem, cut mushy in half to make sure no earywigs, then into a shallow pan with butter, few mins and you have a tasty feed, tastes like chicken.

The other ones easily identifiable I think are parasol mushrooms as they have a double ring that is loose, sliding up and down the stem. There is a poisonous look alike but only in America. Penny bun I can also identify.

100% ok, pull them when fresh, then pull out the stem, cut mushy in half to make sure no earywigs, then into a shallow pan with butter, few mins and you have a tasty feed, tastes like chicken.
Crickey Trev, that's a very bold statement to make from just a couple of photos mate. You're a brave guy! The only time I'd give such advice is if the mushroom concerned was a member of the boletus family which Wildbus' clearly isn't because the gills can clearly be seen on the underside.
What mushroom do you think it is and how can you rule out the 'Brown roll rim' from just those 2 photos?

Wooh, NICE! Been a keen amateur for 10 years, never found any chanterelles. I'm well jealous!

Apparently in ancient times Fly agarics were traded for reindeer skins by far eastern tribes, the mushrooms were prized for their psychoactive effect. This chemical compound passes through the body unaffected too and hence 'users' could re-cycle it (yes drink their own P155) and keep on repeating the 'trip' process over and over!
I DO NOT ADVISE EATING FLY AGARIC OR DRINKING YOU OWN PISS FOR THAT MATTER:)
Merl

we used to park on the edge of some woods in Provence . evenings and weekends it was a pleasure to see french folk ignoring all the well trodden entrances and ,basket at hand ,go barging into the thickest thickets hoping to find unknown glades , some were very successful .

Crickey Trev, that's a very bold statement to make from just a couple of photos mate. You're a brave guy! The only time I'd give such advice is if the mushroom concerned was a member of the boletus family which Wildbus' clearly isn't because the gills can clearly be seen on the underside.
What mushroom do you think it is and how can you rule out the 'Brown roll rim' from just those 2 photos?
I was talking about shaggy caps/ink pots not the pics.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back