Whooh that was a bit hairy !

peecee

Free Member
After battling down the M6 yesterday due to the high cross winds I got into the M40 and about 4 miles North of the Warwick turnoff BANG my rear O/S tyre blew I was only doing about 55Mph fortunately and managed to avoid hitting the break pedal , .My Ducato kept going in a straight line and luckily within a few by Few hundred Metres reached the emergency lay bye.I must say a big thank you to the young lady who answered the Emergency telephone who established I had recovery Insurance and rang them for me and the young man who Brittania sent who at some risk changed my wheel and got me underway within 40 minutes of the incident . A new replacement Tyre purchased in Warwick and back on my way . Happily ensconced on the Newhaven/ Dieppe ferry this morning and thanking my guardian Angel.
Well done The emergency service
Well done Brittania (via my Nationwide flex account )
Well done my Ducato for not getting arsy with me when she got a poorly limb.

I live to fight another day !

Pleased everything turned out ok, do you know why the tyre failed, have been thinking about a TPMS for the Holdsworth hoping it may indicate any potential problems with tyre, worst i had was a 70mph front wheel blow out on my motorbike, it was terrifying arms felt like 💪 after wrestling it to the side of the road more good luck than judgement.

Learn how to change a wheel yourself. It will save sitting at the side of the motorway for 50mins. 😱🤷‍♂️

I had the same excellent service from Britannia when I had a rear blowout. Sorry to say that I had Togo elsewhere this year as they no longer cover my van

Learn how to change a wheel yourself. It will save sitting at the side of the motorway for 50mins. 😱🤷‍♂️

I am still capable of changing a tyre but at 73 why should I ? I have insurance so why not use it and last but not least I don't enjoy my area hanging out in lane 1of a motorway while I do it.

Pleased everything turned out ok, do you know why the tyre failed, have been thinking about a TPMS for the Holdsworth hoping it may indicate any potential problems with tyre, worst i had was a 70mph front wheel blow out on my motorbike, it was terrifying arms felt like 💪 after wrestling it to the side of the road more good luck than judgement.
Debris I think

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back