Who likes 60s music?

RoaminRog

Motorhomer.com are hoping to have their own enclosure at the Southern Motorhome Show at Newbury Showground this year.
The event starts Thursday 16th May and there is 60s themed entertainment every night. We need four more members to come along to allow us to have the private enclosure.
Just to give you an idea, from Thursday to Mon, the price for camping, and ALL entertainment, (including the Sat night extravaganza) was £110
There must be four members that enjoy 60s music, who could sign up before 5pm tomorrow 25th, if not we won’t be eligible for a Private Enclosure and won’t be able to ‘fly the flag’.
Please check out Motorhomer.com Rallies Booking Southern Motorhome and Campervan Show
We only need four members to sign up. Can you help?

Definately worth going to if you have the weekend free! And good value too.
Gutted I cannot book it due to wedding plans (not mine!) putting spanner in the works :(

Not even good music can tempt me, I'm afraid.
That and the fact I'm well occupied oop North during the month of May. 🤷‍♀️

The only way I'll considering venturing anywhere in the south of England nowadays will (hopefully) be when I'm passing through en route to Europe 🤞;)😎

The only way I'll considering venturing anywhere in the south of England nowadays will (hopefully) be when I'm passing through en route to Europe 🤞;)😎
Nae Bother Marie. You don't have to go inside (which I refuse to do), or even on the M25 to get to Newbury. All the roads are pretty free running.
And you could make it part of your through route to Europe!

I find that really sad Marie as we spend a lot of time on the south coast and absolutely love it don’t venture into Cornwall much but love anywhere from Devon right the way across to Kent the latter being our favourite.

I find that really sad Marie as we spend a lot of time on the south coast and absolutely love it don’t venture into Cornwall much but love anywhere from Devon right the way across to Kent the latter being our favourite.

TBH, Annie, I just don't like the increased congestion when you head south - and also there are way too many people there for my liking! 🤣

Maybe not in Devon and Cornwall (out of season), but as lovely as those counties are I'm just not that enthused about visiting any more. Been to Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Cheshire, Rutland, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire and so on in the past.

Used to regularly travel up and down to Southhampton as had an uncle lived on the coast there, plus I used to drive down regularly to sail across to the Isle of Wight, northern France and the Channel Islands for a few years running.

What has also really put me off (and completely shocked me!) was travelling down south a couple of times about 6 years ago on the M1 when we went to look at a couple of campers. The traffic was utterly horrendous south of Derbyshire. I used to drive back and forth into Central London and St Albans regularly with a job I had and traffic was busy enough back then and tolerable - but that was 30 plus years ago! 😂

Last year I went with a bunch of my gardening folk on an (organised) trip to visit places in Cumbria, outskirts of Manchester and Birmingham, Staffordshire and a bit of Cheshire. It was an absolute trip from hell. The traffic was relentlessly nose to tail on every single major road south of Cumbria. Never again! 😝

So for now I will only consider enduring all that mad traffic congestion when I have a destination over the Channel worth heading for and where (hopefully) they are still way more welcoming to camper vans than the UK. 🤷‍♀️:confused:

PS. Anywhere from Lancashire and Yorkshire northwards is infinitely preferable from my personal point of view - nothing against the more southerly counties, I just don't fancy them much any more 🙂

I find everywhere in the UK other than here (Teesdale and North Yorkshire) crowded in comparison apart from some parts of Scotland. Its maybe a northern thing. Well rural ooop North anyway. However there are some cracking places Darn Sarf!! That said my favourite places are Devon, Some of West Dorset and Cornwall. Had some great times in the south though, especially around the Solent areas but I was much younger then. We ventured east as far as Bournemouth last summer from our South West tour but quickly headed back west towards Devon again as it was mental but we did arrive in the middle of an Air show in the middle of the summer holidays. :D

We are away in La Belle France otherwise we would love to be there with you. Those who know me know that I have a vast selection of 50s & 6os music (ssh, some 70s too !!), 3,000+ 45s and over 25,000 mp3's so if anyone wants some stuff pm me. Whilst we are sat out here there's a blasted woodpecker blasting its brains out above us, but the foods good and the wine is brill.
Have a great time and a brill weekend
The 'Oppys

Back